More stuff from Longwood Gardens

Dylan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I shot these a while back and just now got around to editing them in Photoshop.

large.jpg

medium.jpg

And one of my favorites that I finally fixed in Photoshop:

large.jpg

Most of the editing was just contrast, hue, saturation etc. Let me know what you think.

When you edited your most favourite (the last here), why did you not crop it so the borders of the scanned print no longer show?

OK - so I like the first one very much here. It looks like the day was overcast with an all grey, totally non-descript sky ... which still was so much brighter than your place under the huge willow that it made exposure tricky. If this were my pic, I might consider cropping the far right to get rid of the bright part of sky (and tree "touching" your frame on that side). What do you say?

What camera and film do you work with and how do you digitalise your photos? (I may have asked you this before, but there are so many members and so many photos up here, I forget or mix things up...)

I'm surprised I missed the borders on that one. I'm glad you brought that to my attention.

I agree that the far right needs to be cropped and that tree kinda bothers me now that you mention it. Regarding the tricky exposure, well I didn't quite get it right. I fixed it up in Photoshop.

Regarding the camera, I mostly use a Canon Eos Elan 7e however I occasionally use a Sony DSC-F717 and a Casio Z120. Previously I had been scanning prints (hence # 3) into my computer however I'm now just getting a photo CD. I've been working with ISO 400 Fuji Film however I want to experiment with Fuji Provia some time soon. Thanks for your suggestions.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, how could I have done a better job on number 1? Is this a metering issue or an exposure issue? I think it came out nice in Photoshop however my goal is to take better pictures and spend less time in post processing. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back