More Sunsets - Getting Bored Yet? :-D

lee_alkureishi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

these are the last of my sunset pictures, I promise... (for now) :p

1. Dramatic Skies (and more surfers!) (46mm, f/4.5, 1/60sec)
2. A straight old-fashioned sunset (70mm, f/22, 1/180)
3. Pastel Sunset (70mm, f/5.6, 1/500sec)

C&C welcome,

Leeko

www.alkureishi.com

454c9e8c7f1a799b.jpg

454c9e9a7f451c5c.jpg

454c9ea57f5ee741.jpg

Are sunsets "general" or are they "nature" or "landscapes" :scratch: ... just wondering in which gallery they should be.

Anyhow, I am glad they are here on the forum at all!
For if you had not posted them, how would we SEE them!?!?

And they are too nice NOT to be seen. Mostly so the first.
That one is really extra special. Give the surfers £50,- for being there. They really MAKE that photo!!! OK, together with those marvellous-marvellous clouds, but how do you pay clouds for being there other than honouring their beauty with a photo such as this one!?!?! :D

LaFoto said:
Are sunsets "general" or are they "nature" or "landscapes" :scratch: ... just wondering in which gallery they should be.

A good question... I wondered about that when I was posting... The first one is especially difficult, as it includes people in the frame. The other two could probably be put in the landscapes forum :)

Thanks for all the comments :) Glad you like 'em

Leeko

chris82 said:
1 is my fav,Can I ask,how do I set my DSLR to 1/60secs?

Hi Chris,

it's usually best to start a new topic if your question is unrelated to the thread. To answer your question:

Each DSLR is slightly different, but in general the principles are the same. To guarantee a shutter of 1/60sec, you need to use shutter priority mode (S) or manual mode (M) on your PASM dial. Then, use your command dial to change the shutter speed to 1/60sec.

More importantly, you need to have an understanding of why you are using a given shutter speed or aperture for a particular picture, as they will give different effects depending on the lighting conditions, focal length of the lens and various other variables.

It's not possible to fully explain it here, but you could think about buying a beginners photography book as a start. Alternatively, the internet is a huge resource for this type of thing.

If you have any more questions, start a new thread in the appropriate forum (not the gallery :wink:)

okay okay,

i accept that the 2nd and 3rd are a bit bland compared to the 1st But let me have another go!

This one's a bit different, but I kinda like it!

Processed using the trial version of Nikon Capture NX (wow!)

Let me know if this hits the mark,

Leeko

Sunset%20Surfer%202.jpg

Most reactions

Back