What's new

More Trees

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love shooting trees :) This is the latest "reverse panning" shot at slow shutter speeds from the car.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!


 
I like it. I'm wondering if it might be better with just a little less snow in the foreground though. I like the sepia processing too, it adds a little something extra, a kind of warmth, to an otherwise cold and isolated woods.
 
Thanks Carol :)

I'm on my iPod and its chopping it off at the bottom of the 3 horizontal lines and it absolutely is better! It makes it more "edge to edge". Good eye ;)
 
Dang you are lazy! At least stop the car before taking a photo. ;)
 
I don't like it at all. The detail-less snow at the bottom looks like a severe overexposure that was converted to a sepia tone in an effort to mask a mistake. Large, broad expanses of + 255 tones look awful in digital. The trees themselves are not very interesting either.
 
Thanks R, lol, yeah well Mr Rabbit doesn't like stopping much so I have to work with what I got ;) lol

D, thanks for your thoughts, I will carry them forward. Often with snow these kinds of shots can blow the snow out and I think you are right that it's blown here, I'm SO over snow! argh!
 
I thought "reverse panning" is when the girl is flipped over and the guy.....
ah, nevermind.

this reminds me of an old canvas oil painting.
its strange how some of the trees seem to just "pop" more than others.
I don't mind the blown out snow as much, but some detail at the bottom would have been nice.
I think i find the texture of this picture more interesting that the actual content.
 
I actually think this is really cool.

It reminds me of traditional Eastern landscapes, before Western influence. These paintings were not visually representational, but psychologically representational. They embedded their personal feelings and emotions into the image rather than depicting details and exact appearances. Perspective was flattened, and they used blank spaces on the paper--voids--which was called "the beauty of the blank." Motion was a common theme, as well.

I see your image doing something very similar, but not imitative. You tend to approach subjects in a non-representaional way, which is what makes your work unique and interesting. It is as much a discovery of the subject or object depicted as it is a discovery and insight into your own psychology. In a way, your images are very autobiographical.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom