More Water in Motion

nukie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
iced.vanillashots.com
Went down the the national park on the weekend. Still taken with the Coolpix 4500. The first two had a shutter speed of somewhere around 1/4, while the second two are closer to 1/250. (I can look up all the exact details if you *really* want me to :p )

030729waterfall1.jpg

030729waterfall2.jpg

030729watersplash.jpg

030729whirlpool.jpg

Feedback is appreciated as per usual :)

All of them are real nice. i especially love the last one because I've never seen one like it.

their lovely ... that last one sure is something special :)

very impressive nukie!!!
(makes me feel i should not go on with my photography anymore :shock: )
thanks for telling us howdya did it.... i like the 1st and last pic most!

nice shots, I'm gonna try those kinda pics meself now

mmmm, now where the f*** can I find a waterfall in this
FLAT!!!! country...........

:)

I really love your DOF on the first 2. I say this cuz people tend to lean towards a very shallow one and the deep works really nicely here. good shutter speed also, neat effect.

Is there a really shallow DOF on the third one? If not I'd like to see this one w/ a really fast shutter speed to get stopped action, but u said it was 1/250 which should have stopped it

Is there any digital enhancement in the last one? Its just one of those things that looks like it is, tho I have this feeling its not.

great work

tr0gd0o0r said:
Is there any digital enhancement in the last one? Its just one of those things that looks like it is, tho I have this feeling its not. great work

Nope, no enhancements to any of them except for a basic levels on the third (if my memory serves me correctly).

The last one was troubling me greatly, as I just couldn't get the camera to focus on the water. It kept wanting to put the reflected image in focus (this was with manual focus too). So then I switched the camera to full auto to allow it to auto focus, and the silly thing decided to fire the flash. I figured the shot was write off immediately after taking it, but when I got back home to the computer, it was the only one out of a dozen or so photos that was crisp and clear.

Oh oh, and the whirlpool was at the bottom of a shallow canyon with no direct sunlight.

captain-spanky said:
don't suppose you've got a bigger copy of that last pic you could mail me have you? I'd love that on my mac desktop... :D
But of course. Share and share alike, thats my motto :p I'll upload a few different sizes to my site in the next few days and get back to you :)

That last one is certainly something very special!
The colors and patterns blend so beautifully, fantastic shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back