What's new

More Windows and a Door for your C&C entertainment

Which one should we be looking at?

There are multiple centers of interest here and my eye goes from one to the other.
I suggest you pick an interesting graphic combination that makes a composition and use only that.
For example.
A basic problem with this is the bright and mottled wall that totally distracts from the windows/doors.
 

Attachments

  • $Windows-and-a-door-2lll.webp
    $Windows-and-a-door-2lll.webp
    153.7 KB · Views: 142
The collection of dark rectangles against the white wall is what actually caught my eye.
 
The collection of dark rectangles against the white wall is what actually caught my eye.

yes, I get that but it can't just be a collection, it needs to be a composition.

I think the composition of the origional image looks fine.

I'm sorry but that edit is just horrible. The adjustments on the wall are way way way to much, plus there is the bad clone job on the grass.
 
The collection of dark rectangles against the white wall is what actually caught my eye.

yes, I get that but it can't just be a collection, it needs to be a composition.

I think the composition of the origional image looks fine.

I'm sorry but that edit is just horrible. The adjustments on the wall are way way way to much, plus there is the bad clone job on the grass.

Thanks. Although I agree with you, I guess it's a matter of taste. Lew apparenly doesn't care for it.
 
The collection of dark rectangles against the white wall is what actually caught my eye.

yes, I get that but it can't just be a collection, it needs to be a composition.

It WAS a composition to begin with; then, you edited it down to a mere passing observation, and threw away the majority of the shot, diluting it into one little snack-like bite...
 
The collection of dark rectangles against the white wall is what actually caught my eye.

yes, I get that but it can't just be a collection, it needs to be a composition.

It WAS a composition to begin with; then, you edited it down to a mere passing observation, and threw away the majority of the shot, diluting it into one little snack-like bite...

De gustibus non est disputandum.
More Windows and a Door for your C&C entertainment
I was entertained. Successful shot.

Thanks Derrel and Tex. I liked the shapes and patterns. Even the hinges on the top door mimiced the cross bracing on the lower doors. I THOUGHT it looked pretty cool then I read Travelers critque and thought "I'm going back to snapshots" :confused:.

Speaking of snapshots, you'll notice I learned to put my "just a barn scene" in JUST FOR FUN where you guys and gals can't rape and pillage it:-P
 
There are a number of strong compositional elements working well together here. I like the triangulation, and think the off-centre upper door adds another level of interest, especially as it is the only one which is not open. The colours combine well to my eye. I like it.
 
The original works pretty well, but I would crop out the window on the left and crop the top so it's tight there as well (and I wouldn't add anything). Might be worth trying in bw. You'll get a lot of opinions on cropping anything with this many elements, but they're all just opinions. Do what works for you.
 
There are a number of strong compositional elements working well together here. I like the triangulation, and think the off-centre upper door adds another level of interest, especially as it is the only one which is not open. The colours combine well to my eye. I like it.

The original works pretty well, but I would crop out the window on the left and crop the top so it's tight there as well (and I wouldn't add anything). Might be worth trying in bw. You'll get a lot of opinions on cropping anything with this many elements, but they're all just opinions. Do what works for you.

Thanks guys.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom