Morning abstractions, etc from Lake Massabesic, NH

Picture is way too busy. Looks like lines just criss-crossing everywhere.

Looks like lines just criss-crossing everywhere.

Well, probably because that what it is...lol. Try looking at the density of the lines..and find an underlying composition. At least, that's how I look at images like this.

The first two are definitely a little harder to look at. They need to be viewed big and from a bit of distance, I think, so you see the overall forms and not the individual lines. Abstracts are a *****, though, it's hard to really punch through and say something.

I can feel a Pollack trying to say something to me, but it never gets through, and in the end it's just an enormous canvas with a lot of paint on it. I respect the effort, but view the work as a failure. So, it's tough. Pollack tried very very hard, I think, and I think he legitimately connected with some people (while simultaneously scamming the hell out of a lot more), but not with me.

I like all of them. The composition as well the processing.

Nice work, no doubt. The last one has the weakest form (IMO), from the second (with boats) I would cut off the bright bottom; to competitive and makes the picture top heavy.

amolitor said:
The first two are definitely a little harder to look at. They need to be viewed big and from a bit of distance, I think, so you see the overall forms and not the individual lines. Abstracts are a *****, though, it's hard to really punch through and say something.

I can feel a Pollack trying to say something to me, but it never gets through, and in the end it's just an enormous canvas with a lot of paint on it. I respect the effort, but view the work as a failure. So, it's tough. Pollack tried very very hard, I think, and I think he legitimately connected with some people (while simultaneously scamming the hell out of a lot more), but not with me.

Thanks for the great critique and clear, honest opinion!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back