Morning in the bush

CarlosFrazao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went for a quick morning session at my local park I'm lucky to live 15min away and for the 3 hours I was there I sure was lucky enough to see some wonderful things...
#1 First I was lucky enough to find female cheetah I spotted her while taking photos of a jackal pup, she was about 300 meters away and only her ears poked out of the tall grass still no idea how I spotted her, my eyes are really changing to notice all these smaller things one would never notice...

I waited about 15min and then she got up then got chased away by a herd of eland and strolled on further and then a first for me and all the people I've spoken to she acted just like a leopard leaped into a tree and went to lie in it, another once in a life time moment I'd say.
IMG_3407.JPG
#2 getting back on the floor
IMG_3420.JPG
#3 A little portrait of her just as she passed my car on the way to the tree
IMG_3418.JPG
#4 Secretary Bird in flight. My lens is in again to sigma will probably get my 3rd replacement focus was spot on the eye all my images are soft and slightly out of focus and the sad thing is they get even worse if I remove my filter on the front.
IMG_3417.JPG
#5 Secretary Bird in the hunt. Such a beautiful bird
IMG_3422.JPG
#6 Jackal pup at 05:20 at ISO 3200 on the d500
IMG_3423.JPG
once again any CC welcome please. Thanks for looking

Great set like the third of the cheetah and the Jackel pup the best. and you say your eyes are changing to notice things you would not have noticed before that happens to most wildlife photographer i think i know it has happened to me and my dad we never would have spotted one of the snowy owls sitting in a snow covered field before

Very nice set mate. I've only seen cheetah lying flat, and occasionally looking up. The last time I went was also in mid summer so I guess they were just very hot. Also a mother with two cubs.

Great set like the third of the cheetah and the Jackel pup the best. and you say your eyes are changing to notice things you would not have noticed before that happens to most wildlife photographer i think i know it has happened to me and my dad we never would have spotted one of the snowy owls sitting in a snow covered field before

Thanks bud, yeah it's awesome seeing the world through a new set of eyes basically..

Very nice set mate. I've only seen cheetah lying flat, and occasionally looking up. The last time I went was also in mid summer so I guess they were just very hot. Also a mother with two cubs.

Thanks man. Well you might just be in luck the one female just had 3 cubs I'm yet to find them and I think this one is also pregnant so if you pop in to rietvlei when you come home side you might just get lucky

Excellent set.

Thanks man

I enjoy your photos a great deal. These are very raw and beautiful. Well done. Looks like you have some great glass. Looks like a long prime but I am not sure.

Very nice! Especially the last.

I enjoy your photos a great deal. These are very raw and beautiful. Well done. Looks like you have some great glass. Looks like a long prime but I am not sure.

Thanks man really appreciate your comment, I truly wish I could afford a prime lens maybe one day, but I'm using a el cheapo 150-600 sigma contemporary at this moment...

Thanks appreciate

Very interesting set.
1. Beautiful framing of the subject and giving it a sense of place.
2. The action is nice, but the wide crop is conflicting with me with the vertical movement.
3. Have that same portrait shot (of my dad's dog) and it is the background for his computer, having a cheetah takes it to another level.
4. The BIF is nice, might need a bit faster shutter than 1/640. Not sure if that lens is sharper if you stop down to f/8 from wide open. Not sure if the wing tip is OOF or is motion blur. But a nice capture.
5. Looks like you were laying on the ground to grab this shot, nice.
6. Might be my favorite of the set. The grass stem is in front of his face, but it follows the body line so well it's not a distraction.

Thanks man really appreciate your comment, I truly wish I could afford a prime lens maybe one day, but I'm using a el cheapo 150-600 sigma contemporary at this moment...

Thanks appreciate
Oh cool, I have that lens but hardly get out to use it.

Thanks appreciate

It's the cheapest long lens I could find on my side of woods, unfortunately I have not been getting decent copies

Thanks appreciate

It's the cheapest long lens I could find on my side of woods, unfortunately I have not been getting decent copies
I got one finally, 3rd time was a charm I guess. Sent it in twice.

I had the 150-600C my first copy the optical stabilization was DOA,I sent it back and had a second copy at my door in less then 48 hours all was good and turned out some nice shots with it, but since moved on to the Nikon AF-S 300 f/4 limited reach but superb optics.

Most reactions

Back