morning shots in St. Michaels

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
caught these yesterday going to work. i'm not all that comfortable with them as they look weak, but felt if i bumped anything i'd loose the mood. i like the comps, but beyond that i'm not sure. just seeing what you guys thought and if you had any suggestions for improvement. these OTE. thanks

52205595-O.jpg

52205597-O.jpg

Both are really nice shots but I really like #2 a lot.

i dont get the weak feeling at all....unless you mean, it makes you feel weak to think of being there...its beautiful...love the foggy / misty feel to them both... but i think i would love to walk beside the water in the second shot... your crazy to not take more scenery shots like this... you seem to have a talent for landscapes, too....

:thumbup: You have a great eye for beauty and you captured an excellent mood! I love the first shot the trees lead your eyes in. I would like to see this shot with a tight crop on the left removing the mass of dark shrubs the mass of shrubs brings the leading line to a sudden stop. This would complete the rule of thirds. This would create a dynamic shot with an amazing mood. The trees would not only lead your eyes in but create this beautiful triangle in the sky with the light shining through the branches.

:hail:

Wow, that first shot! The second one doesn't do as much for me....perhaps it is too busy or too symmetrical (but only for my personal tastes). That first shot is amazing. Did you just get lucky with some morning fog? those trees are stunners too. By capturing trees at several differing distances from yourself, you've got a great atmospheric gradient going on. Whew.

Just nip off the black corner at the upper right and you're done, IMO :D

lbluiis said:
:thumbup: You have a great eye for beauty and you captured an excellent mood! I love the first shot the trees lead your eyes in. I would like to see this shot with a tight crop on the left removing the mass of dark shrubs the mass of shrubs brings the leading line to a sudden stop. This would complete the rule of thirds. This would create a dynamic shot with an amazing mood. The trees would not only lead your eyes in but create this beautiful triangle in the sky with the light shining through the branches.

thank you for the suggestion lbluiis, i'll try that :thumbup:

PachelbelsCanon350D - i borrowed Chillers fog machine :lmao:

thanks everyone!

Your welcome! It takes my breath away! Beautiful! It's as if I am standing in the morning dew getting my hair wet! Heck of a picture!

lbluiis said:
Your welcome! It takes my breath away! Beautiful! It's as if I am standing in the morning dew getting my hair wet! Heck of a picture!

thanks again!

BTW, welcome to the forum! glad you joined ;)

I studied the second shot - Try a tight crop on the row of trees by the path that meets the sky it will create a straight line that will lead your eye to the end of the path to meet the beautiful bare trees. Crop a little tighter on the right taking out the brushy shrub that just enters the picture. You have two amazing shots here, be proud that you witnessed something beautiful and captured it. I am teaching myself to do tight crops on my shots it makes the shot personal and it invites the viewer in stay for awhile. By the way, don't lose the reflection in the water it's perfect!

I like them both very much, JonMikal ... I hate to just ditto everyone else, but I will, AND I'll tell you that that first shot took my breath away.

Nice!

awesome shots!!! both are really great :thumbup:

This is my third time back here. I can not think of something to change, except the juice in my fog machine:lmao: I do like the cropped version too. Both are really well done. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back