Morning walk

white

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Woke up early and decided to go for a walk downtown with my little Canonet rangefinder. I love this camera. The lens is not interchangeable, but it's a 40mm f/1.7 and is really quite sharp.

Print27.jpg

These guys were sleeping on the grassy hill when I arrived. I thought I could get some good snaps so I approached quietly and I actually got pretty close before a few of them started quacking and walking away. Then they all started quacking and making a huge commotion. :blushing:

I like the shot. Lot of contrast between the birds and their backgrounds. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks.

Its got a great old film feel to it. I like it. Good capture.
Part of that is because I cropped a lot out when I printed an 8x10, so the grain shows. I was going to leave more room on the left side, but there was a pole/trash can thing (like the one in the background).

I may reprint it and include more of the left, though. Part of the reason I cropped so much is because when I looked at the negative I thought the background was sharper than I wanted. But the background in the print (and here) doesn't look so bad, so I may retry.

A better and larger version can be seen here >link<

Last edited:
I like the first picture a lot! That camera makes good pictures!

I think the composition of the second image is much more successful.

Most reactions

Back