Moscow

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1: Sunset from my room (too centred for LaFoto ... )
moscow_157.jpg

2: on the Red Square at night
moscow_118.jpg

3: some might remember this building, I hope none of you ever was forced inside
moscow_110.jpg

they get the thumbs up from me

I look at the last and see smoke coming out of some of the windows? Is that right and possible? Not in this photo, of course, but in front of my inner eye.
And hey, c'mon, not ALL compositions are too centred for me.
Your first pic here is NOT.
OK, you might not believe me, you might think I partied too much over in the Off Topics, but hey... I mean it.

By the way: what are you doing in Moscow. Haven't you only just been to Exeter? What is all the flying around the world!?!??!

I look at the last and see smoke coming out of some of the windows? Is that right and possible? Not in this photo, of course, but in front of my inner eye.

hmm, not sure if there was ever smoke coming from those windows.. it is not the famouse white house.

it is the KGB headquarters ... prison, torture, murder, those are the keywords here...

By the way: what are you doing in Moscow. Haven't you only just been to Exeter? What is all the flying around the world!?!??!

well, those images weren't that recent ;)

have to add: no 2 is a non-tripod shot, therefore the large aperture mucking up the lights.

The Kremlin sunset is great. It is not too centered, because the subject matter is mostly in the center. The best part of the sky, you've got covered. The best part of the architecture, ditto.

Do you know what I thought of when I saw the second one? The Kremlin looks very common in that shot. But the light spilling off of the Kremlin sidelights the tower beautifully. You might try a vertical crop of that tower under that lighting condition, going all the way down to the people in the foreground.

For some reason, I thought the KGB headquarters would be a bit more ornate. I don't know why.

Thanks everyone :)

OK, the "too centred" thing was more meant as a joke towards LaFoto as this is often one of the first things she often mentions with good reason :)

Jeremy, I agree the second one is more like an ordinary tourist shot ;) .. not sure if image quality really gives enough room for that crop you suggest, but I can see if I have it anyway somewhere.

lovely shots there alex =)
I adore the first, it's got an almost fairytail feel to it. only thing is, it looks a tad grainy to me? don't know if thats just me though...
I like the last too, almost symmetrical, Its interesting ^-^

lovely shots there alex =)
I adore the first, it's got an almost fairytail feel to it. only thing is, it looks a tad grainy to me? don't know if thats just me though...
I like the last too, almost symmetrical, Its interesting ^-^

Thanks .. well, you know, it looks grainy since it is film and film has grain ;) I can be old fashioned sometimes. Could remove the grain though with software though ...

anyone wants to see more of me russia images?

could dig quite a few out if ther is interest ;)

Most reactions

Back