Most liked photos

AllenGill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, do you usually post your photos on social media? Today let’s share your most liked photo in this thread so everyone can have a look and discuss.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I used to post the occasional photo on Instagram, but I deleted my account. Now any photo I want to share goes on TPF.

I am very specific where I post. I seriously don't care about the likes but do appreciate them.

My FB page posts are of family stuff and then the other non family stuff is posted in specific, private forums that interest me. I don't feel the need to show all my friends, all my imagery.

I post randomly on here, usually specific forum related to the imagery or challenges. I shoot daily and process once or twice a week. I have many images I'm very proud of that I don't post at all on any platform. I am surprised by how many people do not want to post their imagery on any platform and I respect their wishes. I have been doing a lot of film portraiture this year and don't post them. However, the private work I can post in my portfolio.

In my opinion, likes are a slippery slope. It potentially can influence how and what you shoot which is an issue with me. I stay the course on my projects and don't take myself too seriously. I realize how much growth I need and the hobby keeps me humble.

Welcome to the forum. Yes, I do share some photos on social media but they tend to me family or something a specific group of people can relate to. In other words, not much, and of very limited scope.

For the more artistic type images, I started sharing here in the Gallery section.

I like social media. I view Instagram as a community not a competition. I’ve met many wonderful photographers via Instagram and I enjoy the friendships I’ve formed with them. I don’t take portraits so don’t have to worry about posting my photos making anyone else uncomfortable. I also use Flickr for sharing and storage and Facebook groups to share photos.

My most liked photo on Instagram? I don’t know and not sure if there is a way to tell? But here’s a popular favorite. It’s a screenshot so you can see the “likes”. Not many but more than my usual since this was reposted by a local account that sent a lot of traffic to my page.

49431A6B-1857-45D2-B52C-5542724A296F.jpeg

I post to genre specific groups in facebook, some forums and I've posted a few here.

For those of us who make our living selling prints to the general public, social media is a necessary evil I suppose. That said, I can certainly understand why a lot of folks would choose not to put their images on those platforms, especially if you shoot people portraits or other more personal types of images. Social media certainly shows off how little the average joe knows about photography in general, and there is a sea of "popular" fake photoshop sky replacements and awfully done composites that nobody seems to notice except other photographers. I also find it amusing that most of my "most liked" images are some of my oldest and crappiest images that don't really represent my work. I have one that's been shared almost a half million times now on Facebook making it one of the most popular images of all time on Facebook from what I've been told, but it isn't really an image I'm all that fond of. I probably wouldn't use any of them if it wasn't for business purposes, but it is indeed a necessary evil in today's society for many of us...

I personally don't use Facebook-or Twitter both famous for image / copyright thefts - Not being odd just don't see the point of chatting to people I know online - when I can just phone them !

As for images- my own website for business and forums for critique as and when

Les :)

Allen, welcome to TPF!
Geez, I've never seen so many cowards, come on guys...., post up!! If you don't have a social media just post your fav pic. HERE
No wonder this forum is all but dead.
OK, I've got a cheazzy disclaimer also. I don't do FB either. Nor do I do Flickr, 500px or any of those but I do have an IG though I don't get a whole lot of action.
But of what I get this is my most liked pic. It's a portrait of the girls that work at a salon that I shot. I try to keep my portraits different and interesting and we all have a lot more fun!!
And for good measure I'll post the last shoot I did a couple days ago, a maternity shoot so I put a Halloween spin on the last pose. Again, keeping it fun and different.
Hope you all went Trick or Treating!!!
Feel free to say something.
SS

Attachments

• Emmapumpkin1b_IG.JPG
    Emmapumpkin1b_IG.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 59
  • LizzyShopStackTPF.JPG
    LizzyShopStackTPF.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 64
I am very specific where I post. I seriously don't care about the likes but do appreciate them.

My FB page posts are of family stuff and then the other non family stuff is posted in specific, private forums that interest me. I don't feel the need to show all my friends, all my imagery.

I post randomly on here, usually specific forum related to the imagery or challenges. I shoot daily and process once or twice a week. I have many images I'm very proud of that I don't post at all on any platform. I am surprised by how many people do not want to post their imagery on any platform and I respect their wishes. I have been doing a lot of film portraiture this year and don't post them. However, the private work I can post in my portfolio.

In my opinion, likes are a slippery slope. It potentially can influence how and what you shoot which is an issue with me. I stay the course on my projects and don't take myself too seriously. I realize how much growth I need and the hobby keeps me humble.
Agree; makes me wonder how many people have "wall hangers" instead of hundreds (thousands?) buried in a computer. Me? No social media at all, grand kids bugging me to try FB. No thanks. My office walls loaded with 11x14's some B/W, most Ektachromes from inter negatives. How many know what an inter negative is? Admit, this was digital Nikon D5000.
sunsetmexico.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back