Motion Photography

a "good" shot is relative .. people see things in different ways .... self expression is unique to the self.

If there’s an airport nearby, aeroplanes are my favourite moving objects. If you want a tip, keep the plane in the viewfinder with some ground and buildings in the background and follow it through the air by moving your hips and torso around. You can give the impression of speed by varying the shutter speed, which will blur the background but not the plane.

Good Luck!

PS just read your post again and see i'm barking up the wrong tree! Sorry!

Some of the most fun I've had with motion photography was when I made a short docu about skateboarding and community tolerance of it. I spen a lot of time at the skate parks and got some great footage. I'll warn you though, you'll undoubtedly need some great lights if you are shooting indoor.

Ah yes...this reminds me of my school photo class assignment. But we were allowed to sue cars and bikes.

Well. I dont know if it was mentioned, but skateboarding? Rollerblading..running..

I had some people jump up and slap 5...i also had a couple people drop a piece of paper onto the floor..

a hand moving?

cartwheels and other type of stuff like that.

have you bene to a sprting event like baseball or hockey to try and take the picture?

Make something up. Create an odd story involving something moving and stage an action scene. Dress someone up as sasquatch and "catch" them running through the woods. Old man Stinky stayed out too late at the tavern and mean Mrs. Stinky is throwing a plate as he comes through the door.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back