Motorcycle? Motorcycle.

Dom6663

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend of mine asked me to break out my camera which has been gathering dust for about a month now, and take some stills of him on his bike. This was the winner of the night.

$FyySi.jpg

This is very nice. Well done!

I like the mood in this shot, but I think it might be improved if we could see more of the rider. A second source of light, perhaps? I'm thinking maybe a reflector on the right to add just a little bit more light, not to overpower the key light.

(edit) Then crop tighter.

Nice.

More rider and more details in the shadows of the bike may improve it.

The one problem I have with this is that there's very little sense of movement. A little rear curtain sync with a longer exposure might be a good idea, albeit also a little cheesy.

Thanks for the comments guys, I wish I could have used some other light sources, but this was all done with light painting. Just had a flashlight, my camera with a kit lens, and a tripod.

However when I do get the opportunity to get some lighting equipment ill try out some of the things that were suggested. Thanks!

I did edit it for a black and white version, and admittedly like it a lot more.

$190970_414423881953318_1467570814_o.jpg

Oh, well done! I didn't realize it was light painting, although I was puzzled by the slight blurring of the rider while the bike was sharp ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back