Motorsport images

james.sullivan75

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me any good sites that will buy Motorsport images?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to an appropriate forum; "Buy & Sell" is for members who wish to buy or sell equipment.

With respect to your question, there are lots of places that will buy them; magazines, websites, etc related to motorsports, stock imagery 'sites... the teams pictured, etc. BUT... and this is a 'but' of monumental proportions, unless you are a superlative motorsports photographer, your chances of actually selling are pretty much zero.

All of the major periodicals and websites either have photographers or contracts with photographers, as to most of the teams. There are so many motorsport images on stock 'sites, that unless yours is the preeminent work in the field, while it might be accepted, it's unlikely to generate any revenue... The only way you might be able to make any money at all, unless you are well established and skilled (in which case I suspect you wouldn't be asking the question...) is to check out local, semi-pro tracks and see if they will let you "sign on" as a volunteer and allow you to sell your work to the racers (you usually have to provide the track officials free images however).

In short... it's a tough racket. Not saying you can't do it, but it's a tough row to hoe!

Moved to an appropriate forum; "Buy & Sell" is for members who wish to buy or sell equipment.

With respect to your question, there are lots of places that will buy them; magazines, websites, etc related to motorsports, stock imagery 'sites... the teams pictured, etc. BUT... and this is a 'but' of monumental proportions, unless you are a superlative motorsports photographer, your chances of actually selling are pretty much zero.

All of the major periodicals and websites either have photographers or contracts with photographers, as to most of the teams. There are so many motorsport images on stock 'sites, that unless yours is the preeminent work in the field, while it might be accepted, it's unlikely to generate any revenue... The only way you might be able to make any money at all, unless you are well established and skilled (in which case I suspect you wouldn't be asking the question...) is to check out local, semi-pro tracks and see if they will let you "sign on" as a volunteer and allow you to sell your work to the racers (you usually have to provide the track officials free images however).

In short... it's a tough racket. Not saying you can't do it, but it's a tough row to hoe!

This!!!! Any type of sports or sporting event is going to be very tough to make any money at on a consistent basis. Most of the images that are seen are either contracted or bought from a wire service company. Shooting for those wire services is one way to help but most photogs shoot for them on a speculative basis. Meaning you shoot with no guarantees of any images being sold.

Ok thanks, I appreciate your response.

This!!!! Any type of sports or sporting event is going to be very tough to make any money at on a consistent basis. Most of the images that are seen are either contracted or bought from a wire service company. Shooting for those wire services is one way to help but most photogs shoot for them on a speculative basis. Meaning you shoot with no guarantees of any images being sold.

Thanks for replying and for the advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back