MOTW - Antarctican

beautiful. I love that first one, the panoramic... :thumbup:

Antarctican said:
Okay, at long last I was able to hop on the scanner. The first pic is a scan of a shot taken on a disposable panorama camera. Not the best quality, but I think it gives you an idea of how gorgeous the scenery is in Antarctica. Imagine waking up, pulling aside the curtains from the porthole, and seeing this? (*sigh*) These pictures were taken at a place aptly called Paradise Bay.

antarctbx8.jpg

antarcticmtnyy7.jpg

antarcticmtnreflectedcv2.jpg

Paradise Bay indeed !!

Now I'm depressed :(
I don't want to be where I am, I want to be there.

Proof that there are some places on this planet that are just aw-inspiring

JTHphoto said:
beautiful. I love that first one, the panoramic... :thumbup:
Thanks JTH...it's one of my faves too. It's one of five I have in a collage frame in my office. I think maybe the colours have faded in the 5 years it's been up on the wall, but it's still a pretty sight.

What do you like best about yourself (physical or non-physical)?
What is something you would like to change or improve(physical or non-physical) ?

BTW, fantastic photos! Thank you for sharing those!

Like best (I'll answer both): My eyes (but not the bags under 'em), and my ability to see the humour in things, even under trying circumstances. (My sense of humour can be pretty corny at times, but I do love to make people laugh)

Needs improvement: I'm going through a real period of procrastination... I just can't seem to get much done at work, or housework done at home. And physically, I'd like to lose a lot of weight (typical female, eh?)

Antarctican said:
Like best (My sense of humour can be pretty corny at times, but I do love to make people laugh)

telling me, you should see my inbox its full of corny jokes from The Penguin Queen :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :confused: ;) :er:

Hey Anty....I heard this was the funniest Penguin joke ever... Do you have one better. :lol:

The Best Penguin Joke in the World

Frank is driving a truck load of penguins across Europe to the Antwerp zoo [replace with geography and zoo relative to your city]. Near the Belgian-German border, his truck breaks down. Frank inspects the damage, sees his truck will need to be towed to a garage and so tries to flag down another truck for help.

Finally, David pulls over and asks Frank, "what's the matter?"

Frank says, "My truck has broken down and it is full of penguins that need to be taken to the zoo today! Are you carrying anything?"

David says no.

Frank continues. "Great! I'll give you 500 Euro if you take these penguins to the zoo for me."

David says, "sure." So they load the penguins into David's truck and David drives away towards Antwerp. Meanwhile, Frank calls a garage to come fix his truck.

The next day, Frank finally arrives in Antwerp. Imagine his surprise, then, when he sees David walking down the street with all the penguins; hand-in-wing, wing-in-wing.

"What the hell are you doing with the penguins!?" shouts Frank, "I told you to take them to the zoo yesterday!"

"I did," said David calmly, "but I had some money left over. So I'm taking them to see a movie today.

Most of the penguin humour I have on hand is in the way of movie clips and comics. The only other penguin joke I can recall offhand is a bit risque. (Oh, just did a search and Mitica has already posted it, so here goes...I'll blame Mitica if anyone is offended!)

A penguin was on his way to Arizona for a holiday. Near Phoenix, he noticed that his car had high oil pressure so he stopped to see what the problem was.

On realizing that his car had an oil leak, he pulled into a garage in the next town. While it was being fixed he decided to look around the town.

Being a penguin, he craved a nice cold ice-cream cone. But not having any hands, he managed to get himself into quite a mess trying to eat it with his little flippers.

When he got back to the garage to pick up his car, he asked the mechanic "What's the problem?" The mechanic looked up and says "Looks like you've blown a seal".

"Oh, no, no," the penguin replies looking embarrassed "That's just ice-cream".

A while back I posted about how funny penguins are to watch, and I described the antics of the rockhopper penguins. Here's a clip from Google showing a rockhopper jumping around amidst a bunch of other penguins (which look to be either Magellanic, African or Humboldts). I'm sure a lot of you have seen this one already as it's been making the rounds.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5593562749758444001

Want to do a meetup walkabout around downtown with Chiller and I before I head back to uni? :)

Sounds good!! Timing may be a wee bit of an issue, but I'm sure we can work something out!

Most reactions

Back