MOTW now: TheBeginning!

remind me never to let you touch my gear... :stun:

funny thing is I've been working in a camera shop for almost 10 years and have only ever dropped one thing, which was a few weeks ago. The lens in question is now sat at Nikon

well speaking of kit, what would be your dream outfit?

oooh, some good ones!

1) where did you get that jerry ghionis cd, and how long did you BEG for it?

2) did michael pay you for the wedding you shot with him? if not when are you going to get the mon-ay?

3) have you ever kicked your camera back, knocking your 70-200 f/2.8 is lens to the ground?

4) if so what could posess you to do such a thing?

5) what was your worst camping experience eveR?

6) how often do you use liquify? (remember, this is sacred, you must tell the truth!)

7) are you gonna go to san antonio w/ me this weekend? its turned into a day trip.

ahhh here come the barrage of embarassing questions from mike...

1) ok I confess, I got my Jerry Ghionis dvd from our own newrmdmike (newer winter mike hahah)...and it took me like 2 weeks for you to burn it for me :D

2) hmm not yet, no. i'm not exactly sure when I'll get it...i guess you could always mail it to me. i'm reaaaally busy this week

3) i hate you.

but yes. i have.

4) again, i hate you.

there was a stupid wasp that had some strange attraction to the gear in my bag (he must have had good taste), but I didn't want him to get his filthy wasp germs all over it....so when he landed on the top of the case I tried to shoo him off the top with my foot. buuuut I accidentally kicked it over...and the cover was open. so out came tumbling my 70-200 and perhaps one other lens, i don't remember. we laughed pretty hard though (don't worry, nothing was hurt).

5) hahahah actually that camping trip i did with you wasn't that bad, i enjoyed it. I can't think of the worst, I like camping in general

6) ok dude NOT funny. what i told you before was secret information!

but honestly though I don't use the liquify tool that much. I just learned how to use it effectively so I use it every once in a while but i never (or very rarely) use it unless a client specifically asks for something that requires it. but for my personal work, that's a different story :D

7) aghhh i dont think so dude. I have appointments on both friday and saturday that just popped up :/ . when is the A&M thing, was that this weekend?

1)Why are you better than me at photograpy?

2)How many questions is too many to answer?

3)If you had one less question than "too many" questions, what makes that one extra question too many?

4)What are you studying in college?

5)Do you like you naturally curly (I assuming that it is) hair?

ahhh more hard questions!! haha that's ok i like the hard ones.

1) ok there's no way I can answer this question :lol:

2) there's no limit! but if I get to point where I dont' want to answer anymore, I just won't. it's not too many, i just don't feel like answering them! haha so no worries!.

3) i'm lazy and am therefore not going to attempt to answer this :D

4) i'm currently getting core classes out of the way at a community college (cheaper+easier+free room and board = chching!) then i'm transferring to a nearby university to major in photography and minor in 'entrepreneurship'.

haha, he did drop his, i can't wait for him to tell the story . . .oh man he's gonna be mad

while i'm at it, daniel, are you afraid of wasps?

yeah...so not only did you ask this embarassing question, but you asked it TWICE. not cool man.

:D

well speaking of kit, what would be your dream outfit?

ooh that's a toughy. i'd have to say i love my kit now, but i might change one or two things. for a business setup I'd like to add a 135 f2L in the future and perhaps another 5d or its succesor (perhaps the 1ds3 if it ever comes out). i might switch out my tamron 17-35 for a 17-40L too, i dunno.

for a personal setup (just for personal work, if i ever have time) I'd like the following cameras/lenses in one huge hard case...some of it I already have but i'm gonna list out everything.

Canon EOS 5d (plus extra 5d for backup or a 1ds3)
Canon 16-35 f2.8L II
CAnon 24-70 f2.8L
Canon 70-200 2.8L IS
Canon 35 f1.4L
Canon 85 f1.2L II
CAnon 135 f2L
CAnon 90mm T/S E
Canon 300mm f2.8L IS
perhaps a few 580ex II's

i'd also like to have or be able to use some of the following:
canon 400mm f2.8L IS and 1.4x extender (yeah right...:lol:)
some kind of exotic lenses perhaps...

IMO you seem to be use less vignetting lately, do you agree and if so why?

hmm i never thought about it...but now that i do think about I realize that I have been using vignetting less lately...i'm not sure why. for a while i felt that the only thing that made my photos pop was the vignetting..so i probably subconsciously slowed down on that a bit and I think it has helped my shooting

What University are you planning to transfer to?

What would a dream shoot experience be for you?
As in, where would you be, what would the subject matter be, and what would the desired outcome be (magazine cover, a personal art show, mega rich client purchasing every print...etc)?

whos the new motw

Most reactions

New Topics

Back