mount conversions - please help!

ThisIsLegit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm currently in high school, and I'm taking a course called EDD - Engineering Design & Development. My year-long design project involves simulating marketing research, hence the following Google form. My team of two plans to create a mount conversion for the Canon FD, and the project guidelines require us to gather data on our 'potential target audience' - in other words, ask fellow photographers and G.A.S.-sufferers like you all about your interest in such a product!
Just a heads up, we don't actually intend to market our mount; it's meant to simulate the design process from the brainstorming to the manufacturing to the marketing of a product. That being said, please do answer honestly and rest assured that we will do nothing with your information except to glance at it and make a beautiful spreadsheet with it. If you know anyone else who'd be interested in our product, please send them the link to the form! We'd like to reach as large an audience as we can - it would help our project significantly the more responses we receive.

the Google form: Camera Mount Conversion Survey

If you have any questions, post them in the comments and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thank you for participating!

Good luck, enjoy

Canon lenses on Nikon camera bodies.

Done.

I think you may want to ask what type camera system that the user use or planing to use. "Flange to Focal Plane Distance" maybe a important factor for someone to consider if he/she like to get a adapter for a old manual lens.

For someone who use a mirrorless system (which usually has a shorter Flange to Focal Plane Distance) such as the SONY alpha 7 series will be easier to take advantage old manual lens. For others with a longer Flange to Focal Plane Distance, it may be a little challenging without using an adapter with no added optics which may degrade the image quality or act as a teleconverter.

Also, if I can get a hold of a Canon FD 200mm f/1.8 for cheap, I do not mind getting a good adapter for it. However, I am not going to spend much money to buy an adapter for a FD 50mm f/1.4.

Done.

Also, if I can get a hold of a Canon FD 200mm f/1.8 for cheap, I do not mind getting a good adapter for it. However, I am not going to spend much money to buy an adapter for a FD 50mm f/1.4.

yes, the 50mm 1.8 II is less than $50 and the STM version is around $100 so it doesn't make sense to spend $$ on an adapter

UPDATE: Thank you all so far for your responses! The data collected is helping immensely. This is a shameless bump.

I think you may want to ask what type camera system that the user use or planing to use. "Flange to Focal Plane Distance" maybe a important factor for someone to consider if he/she like to get a adapter for a old manual lens.

For someone who use a mirrorless system (which usually has a shorter Flange to Focal Plane Distance) such as the SONY alpha 7 series will be easier to take advantage old manual lens. For others with a longer Flange to Focal Plane Distance, it may be a little challenging without using an adapter with no added optics which may degrade the image quality or act as a teleconverter.
This is a valid point and one we had considered including in our survey: however, ultimately we decided for the sake of simplicity the project would only concern a Canon FD to EF conversion, though we will certainly think about adding that to the survey as the survey itself is not asking specifically to a FD-EF conversion. Thanks for pointing it out!

UPDATE: Thank you all so far for your responses! The data collected is helping immensely. This is a shameless bump.

r.
This is a valid point and one we had considered including in our survey: however, ultimately we decided for the sake of simplicity the project would only concern a Canon FD to EF conversion, though we will certainly think about adding that to the survey as the survey itself is not asking specifically to a FD-EF conversion. Thanks for pointing it out!

OK

Most reactions

New Topics

Back