Mount Washington Landscapes C&C Please :)

Lraccomando

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these on Tuesday while climbing Mount Washington, Didn't get to stay long enough to get really good light, and the group I was with was moving pretty fast so i didn't have too much time for pictures, but I'm happy with some of the results. Please C&C :)

MtWashington5.jpg

MtWashington4.jpg

MtWashington3.jpg

MtWashington2.jpg

And one of Boston, Not sure if I'm happy with this or not:

Boston2.jpg

Thank You!

i like the boston one

C&C per req:

1. Looks like the time of day wasn't ideal. The light is harsh, and the shadows rather strong. The person in the image is almost completely unrecognizable. There are a couple of options here, the best one of course (and probably least feasible) would be to shoot at different time of day. Next would to use fill light to even out the exposure, and lastly, have him face into the sun (which of course will make him squint). With respect to composition, I would suggest that there is a lot of sky at the top which isn't adding a great deal to the image.

2. Again, a less than ideal time of day for photography. Both this and #1 seem to have a strong blue cast, and I suspect that perhaps your WB wasn't set optimally. As well I would consider using a CPOL to help with saturation and general IQ. In this one, I'm not seeing a distinct subject. I think it may have worked better in a horizontal (landscape) presentation. Note especially the little bits of branch protruding from image left which are very distracting.

3. This one is very nicely done from a compositional standpoint. The foreground path and people form a leading line, and the mountains in the background work with that. I don't think you've quite acheived a golden mean here, but you're darn close.

4. My thought would be to frame more tightly on the background mountains. I think this could have been a really nice image just after sunrise, but as-is, appears somewhat flat.

5. I think there's a little too much going on here. The buildings and sky work nicely together, but the all of the vehicles and detail at the bottom are rather distracting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I love hiking the Presidential Range in New Hampshire.

That is patches of lingering snow I see in the photo is it not?

I was hiking there in late August a few years back, and we woke up to 2 inches of snow.

The light is somewhat bright, but with filters or bracketing, I think they are pretty good.

I see you are carrying day packs. Were you up just for the day?

Most reactions

Back