Mountain Lakes

What f stop you shooting at. Seems like it must be around 5 or 6. The background are not really focused and very soft.... I would shoot at like f/16 or so and try to get more in focus.
Your Composition is very good and you have a good eye. They are lovely shots.
Keep on shooting!!
Thanks for comments. These are all between f/16 and f/20. And the camera mounted on tripod and I used a cable release. The perceived loss of sharpness is due to resolution downsize and jpeg compression. Usually after I resize an image for web posting I resharpen some areas, but not the entire image as I find too much sharpening doesn't look good.

The original images are pretty sharp for the lenses and camera used. And believe me, it's a constant struggle to make an image that looks great at full resolution into low resolution for web. Generally I find these wide-angle landscapes lose a lot of punch when down sized.

I also commonly do focus bracketing where 3 separate images are shot at different focus points (foreground, midground, background) for a completely sharp image if desired. On these images I didn't do any focus bracketing though.

Also, make sure you view the full resolution version of the images as some browsers downsize images automatically.

You have a very good point. My images always seem to suck when uploaded. Good shots my friend. I do that method as well for some shots...

Those are the locations where i want to visit when i will travel to Canada in the future, maybe in 2011 or 2012 i hope, i love landscapes and those shots are exactly what i look for when i travel for landscapes and more.

Most reactions

Back