Mountain Relfections, C&C welcome

mike_rambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Below are two version of the same photo I took on a trip out to Banff earlier this summer of Mount Rundle. I am thinking of entering it into a Canadian Geographic contest and can't decide if I like the B&W or the colour version better! Any tips and input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

9459623961_994f729b30_b.jpg

9459623077_062a22e438_b.jpg

On this one I prefer the color because of the color of the light on the mountains. I just wish there was more detail and a little light on the trees on the far shoreline.

I am with Woodsman on this one - I prefer the coloured one because it appears to be a sunset picture. The B&W does not show the coloured sunlight as well, and IMHO, this is the "nuts and bolts" so to speak of the image. I do not know what your post-processing software is, but I would try and a bit of dodging on the darker areas along the shoreline and the darker hills to see if I couldn't bring out a bit of detail.

WesternGuy

P.S. You will notice that my avatar is the same mountain from a different angle across the Vermillion Lakes. Hope you enjoyed your visit to the Rockies.

Most reactions

Back