Mounting Flash on Light Stand

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,
I bought some Cactus V4's, and umbrella, lightstand, and umbrella adapter a while back. They are all working fine, but when I put the wireless receiver on the bottom of the flash, I have to use the little metal shoe thingy to put it on the light stand. The problem is, it just sits real loosely in it. Am I doing this wrong or is there a better way to secure my flash? Can I buy a different one that will work better? I will attach a picture in case I'm not explaining myself clearly. Thanks so much for your help!

IMG_1222.jpg

I bought some Cactus V4's, and umbrella, lightstand, and umbrella adapter a while back. They are all working fine, but when I put the wireless receiver on the bottom of the flash, I have to use the little metal shoe thingy to put it on the light stand. The problem is, it just sits real loosely in it.
That hot shoe mount doesn't have a locking screw?
Can I buy a different one that will work better?
Take a look at this one and this one from MPEX. FlashZebra has this one and this one.

Linkpek-- I have two BRAND NEW unopened SMITH-VECTOR ones with a mounting screw that I can sell you for $12 shipped if you would like. They look just like those but better made and have a screw for locking in the flash. they are still sealed in the package. BH sent me two extra on accident :).

If interested PM me.

I bought some Cactus V4's, and umbrella, lightstand, and umbrella adapter a while back. They are all working fine, but when I put the wireless receiver on the bottom of the flash, I have to use the little metal shoe thingy to put it on the light stand. The problem is, it just sits real loosely in it.
That hot shoe mount doesn't have a locking screw?

That's what I thought. I think I have exactly the same mounts, but mine have locking screws. o_O

I suggest copious amounts of gaffer's tape.

Thanks everyone. Yep, missing a locking screw. That would make sense! I guess I should buy the one from Shortpballer and use tape in the meanwhile ;)

Thanks everyone. Yep, missing a locking screw. That would make sense! I guess I should buy the one from Shortpballer and use tape in the meanwhile ;)

Browsing google for the screw's thread count. Try going to a hardware store and finding one that fits. Problem solved.

I think the problem is that there isn't even a place for a screw - I have one like this with the same problem and mainly found myself avoiding using it.

I think the problem is that there isn't even a place for a screw - I have one like this with the same problem and mainly found myself avoiding using it.

Thanks everyone. [/b]Yep, missing a locking screw.[/b] That would make sense! I guess I should buy the one from Shortpballer and use tape in the meanwhile ;)

I think the problem is that people just don't like to read.

Some one on POTN suggested buying thumb screws and a self tapping screw about the same size of the hole and doing that. That sounds like a good idea to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back