What's new

Movie mode question for T2i users

amateuraperture

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
105
Reaction score
2
Location
Pacific Northwest
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When shooting in movie mode, should the camera be auto focusing automatically during and while recording? Or do you first focus then begin recording? While walking around the house recording video, I've noticed that the focus isn't changing. What's the deal? Thanks.
 
I'm not sure if the T2i has continuous auto focus during movie mode, but you can half press the shutter and auto focus it.
I wouldn't suggest it due to it being very loud.
Thats why you a lot of people use a follow focus with their DSLR.
 
The autofocus is terribly slow and noisy.
I never use it. I focus by hand.

The T2i is not really a homemovie cam. You can make some awesome artistic movies with it though
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom