Movie poster

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is a movie we are just wrapping up in my film class so I decided to try to make a poster. I am looking for critique mainly on the lighting and the overal darkness of the picture. If you think some things should eb lighter or darker. Also how does the text work for you? thank you

perceptiontrailercopy.jpg

I dont think this is anything I could advise on. It is purely a matter of your artistic vision. I would try it with a lighter picture just to see how it looked, but It is fine as is for a movie poster. Those things are more about artistry than technique....

If you are asking if I like it, I do as a piece of art not a portrait.

Hi,

Actually I like the concept and the composition. But I think you should soften the light on the right cheek and delete the flare-like light beams behind the model.

Fonts are too strong and conventional (except the one used for the movie name). I think you should choose a different font and use smaller font sizes. You may also place a tagline between the movie name and the credits.

That's all from me :) Cheers..

Ok I changed it a little bit and added a tagline. I also softened the flares a bit and the font including a shadow

perceptiontrailercopy-1.jpg

I personally would make the credits a lot smaller and tighter together. It draws the eye away from the title.
And is it me, or is there a yellow cast on his face? I don't know if you played around with the color cast at all.

I know not a thing of photography so I can't say anything there, but of course I've seen lots of movie posters! I like it a whole lot, it's cool. But I wonder if there is a way without lightening everything to make it so that you can see more what is coming out of the ears? Like obviously it's headphones but at first glance i kinda thought it looked wierd like wires were coming out of his head. But I love it still.

Thanks for all the replies

The last one good idea. The entire movie is basically based arounmd those headphones (and the ipod they go to) so I'm going to try and make them stand out a bit more

Oh well then there you go. Glad that I could help you out even though I don't know anything technical. I figured the headphones were important if you had them in there. Sounds like a neat movie.

the photograph is nice. but the typography could use some refinement...i would def make the text smaller, much smaller. and also i would use a san-serif font, such as helvetica or possibly univers(you may have never heard of this one). i like simple fonts for things that are not supposed to stand out. also i would reduce the tracking between the letters.

Most reactions

Back