umm, i don't know?

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so I see all of your awesome pictures and I dont have my dream camera yet... still can't decise which one it is anyway, lol. But these were from a friends NikonD70? is that even right? I'm an airhead. Are they any good or should I not even bother with getting a good camera? Be honest, I think I want a Canon Rebel and those are lots of money, if I shoudn't bother - save me the cash!

jaceyprays.jpg

This one was kind of a blooper I guess, accidentally snapped with a big old hand in there to get rid of the yucky drool!
jaceydrool.jpg

Another drooley one - my daughter is nasty! LOL :lmao:
jaceystares.jpg

I don't know what is up with the goofy look on my son's face but i kinda thought the pic was neat.
jimmygoofyface.jpg

Anyhow let me know what you think. Ususally I say go easy but since these weren't with my crappy HP 2.1 megapixel I want to know the truth! hee hee:mrgreen:

Well I don't much about that type of camera but I think your taking some really nice photos. All I notice about your photos is that you could use some more lighting. Other then that I think your doing great!!!!

hey thanks for checking them out guys! I hear so much about that rebel I think I have to have one. And yes, I know the lighting is so poor in my house. We live like vampires or something! lol :sexywink:
I will have to work on that. I wonder how much different the flash is on the rebel than the Nikon we had here.

Hi,

D70S easily outperforms Canon 300D and 350D in terms of build quality, stock lens quality, larger sensor size, faster shutter speed, higher battery capacity, faster flash sync and etc.....

350D is 8.0 MP but MPs are deceptive.

Sorry if I am leading the topic to a vicious circle argument :lol: but these are the technical info I have. Please share yours. By the way I am not a D70s owner :) Still going with an analog camera..

In short, please make your buying decisions on some tech reviews..

Cheers,

well thank you so much for that info! It helps to know a lot when you are spending that much money.

aedemirci said:
D70S easily outperforms Canon 300D and 350D in terms of build quality, stock lens quality, larger sensor size, faster shutter speed, higher battery capacity, faster flash sync and etc.....

Cheers,

No, don't (aedemirci, I respectfully disagree)............Take tech reviews into consideration, but remeber this. You will be using, and paying for the camera, not the person that did the review....

I assume you are an amature with little/no equipment already. So............
1) If your local camera store specializes in a certain brand camera, not only will all your upgrades be easy to find, they will be able to help answer your questions easily.
2) Pick up a bunch of cameras, and test them in the store, most places will let you. If you find one that "feels" good to you, that means a lot. I am not just talking about the actual touch, but the overall sense you get with it in your hand.

I make a living at photography (for over a decade now) and use a wide variety of cameras. One of my favorite film cameras is a Yashica FX-3. It feels great in my hand and I just shoot good pictures with it. I got it for $30 way back in the early ninties. I also have a Canon Elan II which is a MUCH better camera, but I don't seem to take many good pictures with it and I think it's because I just don't like the camera and that attitude or "feel" effects the way I shoot.

All my digital cameras are Canon, and I have one 300D and two 350D (just three of the 7 we have) and I love Canon, but if a Nikon "feels" better to you then get it.

What I am saying is find a Camera that you will love, and that you will love taking pictures with. This can have almost as much of an effect on your pictures as the quality of the camera.

Hi,

All insights are welcome of course. I own some serious equipment like Nikon F100 and few good quality lenses. And I have been taking photographs for a long period of time. So, you assumed wrong :wink:

I don't make my living by taking photos and of course that makes me an amateur but surely not an unexperienced and rookie commentor.

And I am not a Nikon salesman. The only thing I did in my post was to share some tech info about the camera. I don't think this is wrong. If you think it is wrong, please offer us a review which is telling something different than I told (in terms of the specifications I stated in my post). I would welcome it.

So, forums are for sharing info in the first hand. Of course the final decisions will be made by the people on some varying motives, but I believe the realistic insights would add value to our decisions..

Regards,

aedemirci

First, my assumption was directed at jimmyjaciemom, not you. I was saying, that part of her choice should be based on what will be easily obtained/serviced/upgraded at her local camera store.

Second, I didn't say that you tech info was wrong at all. I just made the point that I don't think her purchase should be based on tech reviews only.
From your post, it made it seem like that's the sole consideration you thought she should take.

Sorry if I stated my opinion as fact, but my opinion is, the equipment is only half of image making....I didn't mean to challenge or offend you.

I agree with you on basing buying decision not solely on tech reviews. I, myself, just tried to stress one side. Other sides to be mentioned by other contributers of course. If every single review is saying the same thing. I find it worth sharing as an idea.

And sorry that I took the words for myself. I misunderstood as you posted your message with quoting me.

OK JimmyJaceyMom : Consider as many points as you can while buying your camera. Love it technically and emotionally. :wink: And send us some good photos.. :thumbup:

Regards,

i like the 3rd shot the best because you caught the light in the babies eyes in a spectacular fashion. lighting is defintly too strong... but what eyes! and umm... nice drool! ;) haha

I shoot canon and I love it. I will be upgrading to a digital body soon as soon as I find the one I want.

I think for the second last pictures, where your daughters looking off to the side, perhaps put this in photoshop (or some photo editing program), desaturate and then bring out the color of her eyes.
I'm a sucker for spot color and it'd bring her eyes out alot and that gorgeous little twinkle she's got going on.
The shadow behind her is alot a little harsh. May want to work on softening the shadows.

Great job so far

UH OH! UH Oh! I didn't mean to start a debate :confused: sorry guys. But thank you both for the information. I will definately look into all aspects of all the different cameras before I decide. :sexywink: And you know about the 'feel' of a camera, I did feel uncomfortable with the Nikon D70. I wasn't sure though if that was because I was nervous since it was someone elses.:p

thank you everyone for your comments, i like to hear what everyone has to say.
And here is what someone on another forum did to that picture - it looks awesome!
awesomejaceypic.jpg

I am looking forward to learning with you guys - it seems you all have a lot to teach!:heart:

the rebel series are smaller bodies correct? that might feel great in your hands. Head over to your local camera store and feel them all out. Regardless of which company you go with as an amateur you wont have any problems whether you go Nikon, canon, pentax, olympus, samsung, or fujifilm... they all have enough support to keep an amateur happy, especially nikon canon and pentax. So really all you need to do is find a camera that you like the feel of. This isn't just how it feels in your hand, but how the menus are setup and what options are adjustable without going into the menu's such as ISO, white balance, things like that. It is all about convenience

Most reactions

New Topics

Back