Moving water

Remi M.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel as if tho this photo could use a little more work with the lighting. But I'v hit a wall as to what to do. Any comments would be apreciated.
191299780_a0331b6e3b_b.jpg

Looks great but I agree remove the signs and I would try to bring out those faces a bit more. If your shooting in RAW, make two images one with the correct water exposure and the other with an exposure that brings out the face. Use a layer mask to combine them. overall though I love the composition.

Cropping some off the left (and the bottom to be proportional) removes some of the dark part. I think it also feels a little more balanced. I think you picked a great spot and I like the long exposure. I agree about removing the signs, too.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I removed the signs and the bench. Although I didn't think I could actualy remove the bigger sign. Is it noticable that it was taken out? I don't know how to use masks yet so I used the burn/dodge tool to light the face on the left a little more. Other than that I tweaked the saturation a little bit, removed some noise, and got rid of the low hanging branch in the foreground. Let me know what you think.

192171188_a366e5d48b_b.jpg

well done Remi. I personally prefer the original, as it's more natural and isn't so clean (i see the edited shot being used as a poster, but not the original.) I just prefer shots that are the way they were originally taken without things taken out intentionally.

nice editing job though! :)

mike

I can see where the bench was taken out on the beach - the light sand color under the bench looks odd. Maybe if you clone off the dark shaded sand just to the left of that spot...

I like how you went back to the site, removed the signs, and took another picture! LOL - I can't tell anything was previously there at all... how'd you do that?!

malweth: Your right about the bench. I should have spent more time on it. As to the signs. I wish I could have gone back to retake this shot but it's half way around the world from where I live. So I had to do it with the clone stamp tool instead :)

Philip Weir: Thank you. But I would wish to know what is less than perfect about it so I could learn :)

love the first one, it is real nice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back