Mpix

W-7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a tough judge. It's not every day that a company impresses me with their customer service.

I'm a new member to TPF, so please don't let my low post count lead you to believe that I'm spamming or somehow related to MPIX. From having (I'm embarrassed to admit) lurked on this board for some time, I know that many of you use and recommend MPIX. In fact, my decision to use them was based partly on these comments.

Anyway, I recently ordered a print through MPIX. This was a black and white conversion that I had done in Photoshop Elements from an original color image. I don't print many photos, and I was excited about this one. I had taken the shot on a recent trip to a national park, and the image really "popped" on my screen. When the print arrived, however, it was darker and lacked the contrast that I had seen on my monitor.

Clearly, this was my fault. I've recently changed computers, and edited the photo on my (uncalibrated) Macbook screen with the brightness turned way up. Apparently, the paper I had chosen was also not the best for the job.

I contacted MPIX customer service and asked for help. I got a response via email within about 10 minutes! After exchanging some information back and forth, they suggested I make adjustments in PSE and resubmit the image. They offered to reprint the image on their "E surface" paper, which is said to be higher-contrast.

MPIX reprinted the file, at no cost to me, and I had my new print within 2 days! This time, the image is exactly what I expected, and I am very satisfied with the result.

I was especially surprised that MPIX offered to reprint the image at no cost, since this was clearly my fault and I had admitted as much.

I know there are many good options for printing your images. Just wanted to let everyone on TPF know what a good experience I had with MPIX.

Yes Mpix rules. I to sent them my first prints for printing. After submission I realized I sent the wrong file on one picture. I contacted them to see if it was to late and the first guy said yes it was already in shipping. A night later I tried again and got a different person. After explaining how stupid I was and this was my first time prinitng something he offered to re-print if I sent him the other file. At no charge to me. I will now use Mpix for all my prints.:thumbup:

mpix does a wonderful job. I send them all my work and have done so for quite some time. I took the recommendation a year or so ago to try them and have never used anyone else. They are fast, accurate and do a wonderful job. You can't beat their price. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back