msn messager

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I've been asked by a couple of people here if I've got it and I haven't. So I'm thinking of gabbing it. I used to have ICQ but that was a few years ago and it was all buggy and horrible.
The only reason why I haven't got it (other than no-one to talk to of course) is that this isn't a private computer. I don't want the world and his wife seeing what I'm doing. I know you don't have to save your messages and stuff. I'm more worried about it loading up when the computer is switched on and the like. Is it typical Microsoft in that it jumps all over your screen shouting "look, me me me me me ME!!!". Or does it sit back and not do anything till told. Like everything else? I don't want it to load or become active until I tell it to.

You can set it so it doesn't open on startup...you can set it so you can't open it unless you put in a password.

Is it possible to get viruses thru MSN??? Reason I ask is b/c at an office on campus people were using computers to chat instead of work like they were supposed to, and the computers were filled with viruses, one actually had 4000, when the computer tech guys came down to fix it they said it was b/c of msn....is that true???

It was because of Microsoft, period :p Internet explorere probably. Use Firebird, use Miranda, stay away from gimicky stuff, the kind of stuff that everyone uses. Those programs are virus targets.

I have used Trillian which was okay. MSN crashes often. I've actually had the best luck with Yahoo.

i use AIM and msn.. no problems at all.. never had any problems either... i think msn is good... so i AIM....

AlisonS said:
I have used Trillian which was okay. MSN crashes often. I've actually had the best luck with Yahoo.

I use Trillian, too...it's another one that combines MSN, Yahoo, and others, as well. I'm quite happy with it.

So I should ditch IE eh??? We use it here at my house, and I am constantly running adware and spyware programs, and am really not sure how we get so much on our computers, is that b/c of IE??? The only thing I could think of was that I installed WinMX and got a bunch of crap, so I removed it...we don't use any chat programs here at all though...My family is computer illiterate for the most part...I can fake knowing stuff but that's about it :lol:

So you all are saying to use firefox???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back