Mt. Baker pics

ericande

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought I'd share a couple pics from a recent outing at Mt. Baker. Comment and criticism welcome and appreciated!

In the first two, which crop do you think works better?

1)
Baker1.jpg

2)
Baker2.jpg

Do you think this tree works better in color or black and white?

3)
tree1.jpg

4)
tree2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Yow!

#1 and 3 work best for me.

Wow. All the colors are great.
Dani

I know colours can be intense that time of the year, but on 1 and 2 you overdid the saturation for my taste.

othwise great shots! .. in principle crop 2 is nice, but you lose so much of the reflection in the water that it is a shame. therefor I would go for crop 1.

These are very nice.
Alex is right, can't you crop 1 without cropping out most of the water?

The tree looks much better in colour (it's pretty grey anyway).

What they said :sillysmi: I think the reflection is too lovely to lose, and the color in #3 is too interesting to drop.

I keep looking at this shot. I think it is because of the saturation I like it so much. The colors have been pushed right to the brink, the fringe of reality without going over. The way a place makes me feel when I'm there instead of the way we think it looks. Excellent broad daylight work. IMO.

Thanks for the comments. I'm anxious for spring to take this shot again. On the first one I'm going to climb through the bushes and move to the right so I can get the whole mt reflected.

For the first two: I like the first one better. It seems like in the second one, you cut out too much of the reflection. For the third and fourth: I like #3.

#1 and #3 for me.the colour is just sooooooooo good!

I like 2 and 3.

There's too much of #1 for me to enjoy it - photo 2 isolates what I feel like is the main subject of the photograph and helps me focus on the majesty of the mountain. I love the reflection in #1 - but I don't think that's what the photo is about...so....photo 2 is my clear winner :)

I also love 1 and 3!

Reminded me of "Cyber Surfer"s pictures when I first saw them, he takes landscapes that resemble the same style! :D

to me it looks like the colors you get from Velvia film. so basically i love it

and im a sucker for B&W

Most reactions

Back