Kish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chandraclan.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken around Christmas last year.
It was really cloudy at first, but then the clouds went away and I got a really good pic of the mountain!

fuji.jpg

nice picture, there is really nothing wrong with it that I can see, but it is a pretty typical mountain shot. there is nothing in the photo that makes it stand out from the rest. maybe experiment with some different with some different angles and different foregrounds if you are going to be back to Mt. Fugi. Just my opinion

one of those "photographed a million times" thing....

nice shot though...

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Yeah, I see what you mean by "typical".....

I think it's a beautiful shot!:thumbup:

It is rare to see a photograph of Fuji-san which is not at least good. The mountain forgives our less-than-perfect attempts to capture it.

nice picture, there is really nothing wrong with it that I can see, but it is a pretty typical mountain shot. there is nothing in the photo that makes it stand out from the rest. maybe experiment with some different with some different angles and different foregrounds if you are going to be back to Mt. Fugi. Just my opinion

just a thought...

how exactly would someone get a different 'angle' on Mt. Fuji. not exactly easy to change places you can easily/legally get to...is it?

i've never been - but i'm just assuming its probably extremely difficult to get closer....and changing the side won't excatly change the view either, because its a mountain.

If you did get closer - it wouldn't always be a better or different shot..a decent shot of such a large mountain will always be from a distance and likely have the same foreground as this.

My challenge to change it would be a photoshop change, or in different times of the day for different lighting...a moonlit shot - if possible, would look amazing..or with stars in the background...

just my .02

Not sure if it's my work monitor or not, but I'm seeing some noise in the sky and a lot of haloing around the bare tree branches on the right and along the left side slopes of the mountain. What kind of camera did you use? Got the shot info? How much PP was done to the image?

i've never been - but i'm just assuming its probably extremely difficult to get closer....

wrong assumption. You can go anywhere and everywhere around it. I climbed it a few years ago to the observatory and it was an exhausting climb.

The actual town was a ghost town (went off season). But you could hike anywhere throughout the forests (a lot of trails) and all had different views of mt. fuji.

I wish I had a quality camera back then. Would've had some great pics...

Btw... the picture looks great. Lots of detail and nice bluebird sky.

Not sure if it's my work monitor or not, but I'm seeing some noise in the sky and a lot of haloing around the bare tree branches on the right and along the left side slopes of the mountain. What kind of camera did you use? Got the shot info? How much PP was done to the image?
Yea I see the noise too. As for the haloing I'm guessing its the clouds. Good shot.

Specs are:
Canon Eos Kiss X2 (Xsi)
F5.6 Focal point 55mm
Shutter speed 1/800 sec
ISO 200

I sharpened the image in Gimp, it looked fine when I uploaded, but it looked noisier at the PC in the office....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back