_MG_0868-1.jpg

_MG_0773-1.jpg

_MG_0688.jpg

_MG_0542-1.jpg

_MG_0440-1.jpg

Bump

Any thoughts?

Ian

Well, depends on the image. The haze was certainly there often (as it usually is over Mt. McKinley if you are lucky to see it at all). #3 was at 3:30am (I'd say sunrise, but it doesn't get dark at this time of year). No skylight filter -- I don't like putting glass over glass if I can avoid it (except for my circular polarizer and my grad ND that I use occasionally).

Thanks.

Ian

1 is a great look.........

2 is nice with the Eagle in the frame to give perspective to the expanse....

Thanks for commenting on my Alaskan stuff, LarryD. It is certainly a photographer's paradise but, as you say, is tough to shoot because it is so expansive. My 10-20mm got a heavy workout. I have a gazillion images yet to plod through ... I'll post some of the better ones. I'm glad you picked up on that eagle in #2 -- did you see the one in #4?

#1 was actually taken from the surface of Ruth Glacier (we landed on the glacier in a Cessna 185). That little hut on the rock between us and the North Summit of McKinley, according to our pilot, is available for rent :lol: You have to climb up to it first, however.

I take it you've spent time up there?

Thanks for commenting on my Alaskan stuff, LarryD. It is certainly a photographer's paradise but, as you say, is tough to shoot because it is so expansive. My 10-20mm got a heavy workout. I have a gazillion images yet to plod through ... I'll post some of the better ones. I'm glad you picked up on that eagle in #2 -- did you see the one in #4?

#1 was actually taken from the surface of Ruth Glacier (we landed on the glacier in a Cessna 185). That little hut on the rock between us and the North Summit of McKinley, according to our pilot, is available for rent :lol: You have to climb up to it first, however.

I take it you've spent time up there?

Yes... I lived there for 10 years in the 70's.... Hundreds of photos, almost all in slides..very difficult to maintain..

They don't always convert very well either...

northlites2.jpg

My one regret about this trip was that I was there for constant light -- therefore, no aurora. I would have loved to see it. I saw aurora when I was growing up in New England, but always as a faint whispy color, never the vibrant stuff. There was a guy at Anchorage Saturday Market selling his aurora photography -- amazing stuff.

I don't even want to begin thinking about converting thousands of slides and negatives I have in boxes ... :lol:

Most reactions

Back