Mt. Rainier Meteor

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel my night shots are getting better. This is from a time lapse I did last night. Unfortunately for the time lapse, I wasn't thinking about how annoying a video in portrait mode is. Fortunate for this shot, though. I THINK this is a meteor. In the shot previous, there's nothing. In the shot after, there's just a very faint line continuing a very short distance in the same direction as this picture. I think an iridium flare would be just as bright at all points at the same time, or at least be symmetrical. Maybe I'm wrong? In any case, I like the shot...

Mt. Rainier Meteor by RxForB3, on Flickr

And this one was from my first foray into steel wool. Was by myself, so I didn't have a lot of patience to get composition and whatnot just right.

Sparks by RxForB3, on Flickr

I like the first shot wiht the fading light in the west. It's possible that it's not a meteor but instead it could be a sattelite since you got it partially in another frame. The meteor would be gone too fast for two longer exposures.

If it were the comet it would have been visible for while if it were first seen in this position, but it's supposed to be much lower on the horizon.

It definitely looks like a meteor. A comet would be more fuzzy. A satellite or the space station would be more of a solid line.

It's a good night/star shot, by the way.

Thanks for the comments. Upon further inspection, I did see a very faint trail in the preceding photo. Sooo...sadly it can't be a meteor.

Most reactions

Back