Mt. Rainier

yo13dawg

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
bay-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a final set of pictures from my trip, from Mt. Rainier. I know there are a lot of pics, just wanted to share.

1. Reflection lakes

2. Mt Rainier with Lupine

3. Mt. Rainier with Avalanche Lillies

4. Myrtle falls

5. Mt. Rainier w/ stream

6. The Golden Gate trail

7. The skyline trail

Wow...HDR I assume? If it were me...I would crop some off some of the bottom of the first image...for balance. Super images!

Last edited:
#4 and #5 were the only blended images, both with 2 exposures. I tried to keep it as subtle as possible. Rest were all single exposure shots.

Ohh sure, you drive right by and don't even wave.

I'm not a big fan of the overcooked look of these, I guess I'm too used to seeing them in the "real" light and how it looks. One real problem is the whites of the mountain being blown out, there really is a lot of detail in that snow that you are missing out on.

BTW, did you see any of the three black bear hanging around the Paradise/Reflection Lakes area? They've been making appearances almost daily now.

6 is amazing, amazing composition and leading lines, and I love how the clouds are so low. Thankyou for sharing, amazing!

BTW, did you see any of the three black bear hanging around the Paradise/Reflection Lakes area? They've been making appearances almost daily now.

We did! We were driving down from Paradise to reflection lakes and a couple waved us down on the side of the road. The mamma and her 2 cubs were down in the valley. I wasn't able to get any detailed shots even with my 300mm + 1.4tc, and when they saw us 4 standing up there they started to move away.

I like 4 and 6 best.

These are all good, and I don't think they're overcooked as someone mentioned.

"1. Reflection lakes" is beautiful with the treeline reflection, but I would have waited for the clouds to disappear, if possible, for a better shot of the mountain.

"7. The skyline trail" is breath-taking with the pines against the sky. The clouds are a bit blown out and need some processing.

I like your attention to color in the foreground as well.

I don't think these look overcooked, but #3 is definitely the best. The composition and clarity of the mountain are the best by miles in my opinion. Definitely the kind of image you'd see on a postcard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back