Mt. Wilson, CA

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I went up to Mt. Wilson (in the hills behind LA) to watch the sunset and take some pictures. Unfortunately I was to late for the sunset, but I was able to take some pictures. Some of them have a LOT of noise (for the short exposure time), I wonder if it's because of the hardcore radio frequencies? Anybody have experience with this?

Anyway, this one building stood out to me. I think it looks pretty ridiculous with all those antennas on it's roof. Can't they get cable up there? :)

1481252245_508629a720_o.jpg

1488303014_75aeeee1e4_o.jpg

1487448759_026fab97dd_o.jpg

Thanks.

Wow!
These are so different from what I expected to see from the title to this thread alone! The title as such made me think "Now is this one I would need to move to Landscape and Nature, after all?"

Well, it is NOT. Of course not, you know where to place your photos, don't you, Simon? ;) Sorry for my thoughts, but the title ... I expected to see THE MOUNTAIN and not a view down from - including an interesting house ON - that mountain, and all those high antennae!

Cool light you had. Lovely. Just wonderful. There were already stars out, yet you get the colours of the sunset, the glaring lights of the city, and the silhouette of that "funny" house and its many antennae. Too cool.

Then I moved to the second photo and ended even more impressed. Those big antennae (not on the house, I assume!? ;)) make such a fine silhouette against that wonderfully coloured sky, and I find that photo very nicely composed, too!

Then night had fallen and you got your nightshot of the antennae from yet another really interesting POV, and I like the third photo AS MUCH as the other two.

So all in all :thumbup: for this little series!!!

Most reactions

Back