TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mud-Bug-Snack.jpg

@bulldurham Was it at all hard to get that bird to stay still? I don't know much about bird photography.

Not really...you just have to nail their feet to the sand.

They don't pose, nor stand still for you; you just have to be ready and have your settings correct and be ready for the shot you want.

@bulldurham Was it at all hard to get that bird to stay still? I don't know much about bird photography.

They don't pose, nor stand still for you; you just have to be ready and have your settings correct and be ready for the shot you want.

That is true for pretty much all wild animal photography. The animals care not of your desires and will simply do what they do. Like you said..being ready is key.

I also advocate becoming more familiar with the behavior of what you're trying to get shots of. I've gotten good at guessing when a bird will launch from a branch and head towards the feeder I have hanging.

Like an Osprey will take a dump just before launching...they do it every time.

That is true for pretty much all wild animal photography. The animals care not of your desires and will simply do what they do. Like you said..being ready is key.

I also advocate becoming more familiar with the behavior of what you're trying to get shots of. I've gotten good at guessing when a bird will launch from a branch and head towards the feeder I have hanging.

Yep, the knees bend a little to spring away and the wings come up a little in prep for the down flap to get lift.

Most reactions

Back