Mulling in the rain

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 800 (captive subject)
722874_800_024_1_2_3_4_5_2.jpg

Bigger Here

Last edited:
have to say I think this is one of your best bird photos I have seen!
I really like the composition on this one - and the rain is really working well with the shot!
The only shame is the overexposure on the bird - though animal whites are always a pain to expose for

have to say I think this is one of your best bird photos I have seen!
I really like the composition on this one - and the rain is really working well with the shot!
The only shame is the overexposure on the bird - though animal whites are always a pain to expose for

Thanks

I know exactly what you mean, I have the tonal range to make the adjustment and make it correct but it looked darker than hell, especially in the eyes and opted for this one. In truth I had made a mistake in setting the ASA ring on my camera and this was a stop and a half under exposed atleast. I over shot the 800 mark on the camera and was a speed behind it instead of one infront of it like it should be. :( I was metering for 1060 (or something like that)

Its real hard Film or digi to get both highlight and shadow like this. The dynamic range is huge. Soft Light is the key. I think I used white ripstop nylon about 4 by 5 feet placed / around 5 feet from nest and in line with the sun to get this one. http://www.ospreyapplications.com/IMG_3574watermark copy.jpg

Yeah, the light was pretty soft naturally with the overcast mid day light. I wish I could have had a better sun angle but....one can't always get what they want :(. I'll reprocess this this weekend. (I'd do it now but I don't have the time, my work shift was over an hour and a half ago :blushing: ) I will bring out some of those shadows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back