Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lines are everywhere in this one.

25066545004_7c89eb4eee_c.jpg

Last edited:
Lines, yes, but they're not leading my eye to any significant point of interest.

I don't really see these as leading lines (since they don't lead anywhere) but linear elements in a geometric abstract.

^^ I think John has it right. This is not about leading lines but about pattern. Strong vertical lines with a background of diamond-shaped pattern, and the angled lines on the upper left add more visual interest. Really nicely framed, I like it a lot.

Okay, okay, okay. So I need to improve my Subject naming. Can one you please take out the word leading of the Title?

Cool photo. I think the intersecting lines seem a little cramped in that upper left corner - or you could look it as there might be a little too much space to the right (where it starts getting darker) and maybe a bit below.

Cool photo. I think the intersecting lines seem a little cramped in that upper left corner - or you could look it as there might be a little too much space to the right (where it starts getting darker) and maybe a bit below.

Thanks Sharon. I believe that is all angle. I was shooting with a 24-70 and changed for this photo to a 70-200. I was going for an abstract look to it. I played with the cropping a bit on it because I at first wasn't sure about the far upper left corner but when I cropped it out, I didn't like it any better. What I ended up with was straightening the vertical beams, which was a very slight crop.

Lines, shapes, masses, and repetition, with just the slightest bit of dissonance. These types of photos are basically exercises in using elements and principles of design. I like the way the space between the towers (?) grows wider as one moves from left to the right, across the frame's width. Although this photo might not be considered Earth-shattering, I think it shows good command of the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back