Multiple OCF light source picture thread

I'll play. Not the best, but I like it. :)

VID_3678.jpg

1x 150ws head camera left, about 7' in the air, through 20-30" softbox
1x 150ws head camera right with blue gel

...And in BW.
VID_3678-1.jpg

Mark

I like the blue hair light. Was that a black background or did you just stop down and direct the light enough where there was no background light spill?

I practiced some shots last night. I used the B800 with a shoot through umbrella for the main light, then shot a bare sb-600 at full power on the back wall (was actually a brownish colored wall). Worked out pretty well I thought.

DSC_2409 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

DSC_2248 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

DSC_2231 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

I actually tried this months ago..

One sb 28 through a 24 inch soft box camera left, white reflector camera right, and bare sb24 on an tan wall( might have been reversed. I can't remember :) ) Not the best with a couple of odd reflections. This actually reminded me to retry it lol. SOOC btw

CIROC12-1.jpg

Last edited:
^^^^^ nice

Thank you.

I like the blue hair light. Was that a black background or did you just stop down and direct the light enough where there was no background light spill?

Nope, black muslin. It was only about 18" behind her, though. So the light was pretty concentrated. I just turned off all the lights in the room, focused using the modeling light, and snapped the shot.

Mark

Just a few more I liked. Hope you don't mind. :)

7.jpg

150ws strobe with softbox camera left. 150ws strobe with snoot back right

8.jpg

Same as above

Not sure if this counts since one really isn't a strobe.
Day10Joy.jpg

150ws strobe above model, strings of xmas lights in the back.

DSC_9976-1.jpg

150ws strobe model left, and one on background

Mark

The car looks like its lit nicely. That is on my to do list.

I took this one today. B800 main light camera left with 51 inch PLM umbrella with fabric diffuser. Then my bare SB-600 aimed at my white backdrop.

DSC_4211 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

Then this one is with the same B800 but it is camera right. Then my bare SB-600 is next to her on the left side.

DSC_4397 by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

5 580exii's all with umbrellas

STi by ma|photography, on Flickr

I can see where three of them have affected the photo, but pointing 5 flashes with umbrellas at a black car doesn't do much of anything. You have one that looks slightly camera left maybe. It's making a reflection in the front bumper and that's about it. One looks to be to the right that's creating the flare and one is to the left. The one I see on the left is actually doing something as it's lighting the ground and the reflection from the lit asphalt is showing in the car.

The best way to go about lighting a car, especially a black one, is to light it's surrounding. Use reflectors or large scrims to bounce the light off of to create highlights and accents in the paint. Other than that, pointing a flash at it won't do much at all.

I can see where three of them have affected the photo, but pointing 5 flashes with umbrellas at a black car doesn't do much of anything. You have one that looks slightly camera left maybe. It's making a reflection in the front bumper and that's about it. One looks to be to the right that's creating the flare and one is to the left. The one I see on the left is actually doing something as it's lighting the ground and the reflection from the lit asphalt is showing in the car.

The best way to go about lighting a car, especially a black one, is to light it's surrounding. Use reflectors or large scrims to bounce the light off of to create highlights and accents in the paint. Other than that, pointing a flash at it won't do much at all.

This was the first time I've ever tried shooting a black car haha. I had two camera left, two camera right, and i had one up about 6ft shooting through the umbrella straight at the front. I think the front speedlight is what created that harsh reflection in the bumper under the headlight. Thanks for the info though, I'll definitely try adding some reflectors to calm down the reflections in the paint.

Setting up lights on the car anyway with a little help from my assistant =)

467873_3393676475311_1071635590_2956616_1155046252_o.jpg

This one's for multiple off camera flash lighting photos. Post setups here as well. Thanks. K. Bye.

Two 430EX II's 45 degrees behind subject on either side and one 580EX II with shoot through camera right.

:lol: He has a double Home - Hairy Bikers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back