Multiple OCF light source picture thread

buuuuuuuuuuump

2 lights on the side, one at the backdrop. stem not in water, flower is.

SRW_3619-Edit.jpg

Does "setting up" multiple OCF count?

SRW_3321-1.jpg

PLM fun.. Model sandwiched between a pair of PLM'd AB800's with a gridded SB700 on the background.

SAP_5293-Edit by Spoe70, on Flickr

Set-up =
3 x SB900 w/PW triggers on the subject (Somewhere around 1/32 to 1/64, 10' to 15' from subject, bare flash)
A ton of speedlights with gels in the background! (Or you could just find an airport runway to use for the background... cheaper that way.)
D3 - 2.5 to 10, somewhere around 7.1 and manual focus
Tripod

1) Camera right of subject, backlight and camera left fill.
ddlzpg.jpg

2) Left and right of subject (a bit hot) and over top of camera fill.
192kno.jpg

3) Camera right of subject, backlight and camera left fill.
I missed the big "X" on the ground... Damn arm cut off.
118kqo6.jpg

Two lights, one was low to have the glare on frame consistent

SRW_3333-Edit.jpg

Really nice thread! I'm really looking to improve my strobist skills. I've had my single SB-600 and convertible umbrella for quite some time now, but last night I received my new AlienBees B800 head, battery pack, light stand, 22 inch beauty dish w/sock and 2 sets of Radiopoppers! Also got a 2 stop ND filter incase I want to open up my aperture up a little more. I am excited to try some new things. I am really excited to start doing some out door stuff.

Here is my first decent test shot of myself from last night. B800 w/Beauty Dish (with sock) camera right and SB-600 bare directly behind my head.

First AlienBees B800 Strobe Test by Jim Boomer Photography, on Flickr

On just to the left of the camera bouncing off the garage door and one to the back left of the bike firing across the pipes. Used two Dynalite 2050 heads and a Dynalite 800w/s pack. These Dyna's kick the Speedo's ass when it comes to having to carry them places.

This was a test for a shoot I'm doing later in the month that involves flames. We had the idea to use the skateboard, but unfortunately, the fast movement all but killed the flames during the photo, so we came up with a more dangerous and ultimately more entertaining idea...

Lighting setup was a Dynalite 800w/s pack with an SH2000 head and beauty dish above camera and slightly to the right with two bare MH2050 heads 45 degrees behind the subject on both sides.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back