Music Inspires

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at this type of a shot :er: - I'm hoping to get feedback on what I did wrong/right.

Musicinspiressmall.jpg

(my boyfriend playing guitar)

i think it looks pretty good. the lighting is really nice.

I have a feeling people will possibly mention the fact his elbow and the headstock and the body of the guitar are slightly cut off, as being a fault, but it doesnt bother me too much, i think you've got away with it. I like the way the neck divides the two halfs on a diagnal

*EDIT*

also looking back on it i think a bit of back light would have improved this photo too. Just to bring out a few outlines that have blended into the background

I am not an expert by any means, but the only thing that really bothers me is that I cant differientiate between the background and the hair. I think that I would have to agree maybe that a little background light my have helped.

ClarkKent said:
I am not an expert by any means, but the only thing that really bothers me is that I cant differientiate between the background and the hair. I think that I would have to agree maybe that a little background light my have helped.

I agree with you :)

I disagree... I think that the blending of the background/hair/guitar body makes a really neat effect. The one thing that bugs me with this one, however, is the edge of the strap that you can see... it just seems a bit out of place there.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback! I'll definitely try to be more aware of the backlighting next time around - these shots are definitely a little tricky for me so far.

Agree. But good shot otherwise! :thumbup:

NJ

I think a couple of minor things would make this shot really pop. 1) The part of the strap you see just above the guitar almost in front of his face. 2) a hairlight will separate the background and his hair, I find it very distracting when the hair and the backdrop are blending like that. 3) this one is just kind of a personal opinion, but I think if you are going to cut things off, crop it tighter. I look straight to the cut off elbow.

I like the whole idea, other than the lack of the hairlight, the lighting is good. Pose is good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back