Music

It almost always goes like this:

1. 311
2. Tool
3. Muse
4. Incubus
5. Of Montreal

Guster, Belle and Sebastian, Violent Femmes, Mission Of Burma, Dinosaur Jr., Sigur Ros, and Atmosphere are very high on my list right now.

Pink Floyd
AC/DC
The Who
Mozart
The Stones
Eagles
Fleetwood Mac

and many more

Blind Melon is probably my favorite band ever! :hail:

Here's another vote for Goo Goo Dolls and Smashing Pumpkins, too.

Let's see, here's what's on my phone right now:
Tricky, Beth Orton, Bruce Springsteen, EmmyLou Harris, Greatful Dead, Poe, Chemical Brothers, The Pouges, Ben Harper, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guster, Jeff Buckley, Public Enemy, Ani DiFranco, Melissa Etheridge, CSNY, BB King, Barenaked Ladies, Beastie Boys...

You and my mom are like, twins. Haha. She's obsessed with almost all of those (and the Stones, too.) :er:

Blind Melon is probably my favorite band ever! :hail:

Haha, that's awesome! And I thought I was the only one who listened to 90's music anymore. I love their song "No Rain". :mrgreen:

OK, although I deal daily with the likes of Mahler, Brahms, Beethoven, Tchaikovski, Vivaldi and so on, I do have a favorite list of bands:

The Beatles
Pink Floyd
The Eeagles
Cream
Jethro Tull
Jean Luc Ponty
-anything by Stephane Grapelli-

Oh dear, I'll try to keep the list short. I could go one for hours about music of you let me.:taped sh: A lot of my list is comprised of local bands. Some of them are starting to get pretty big, though, so hopefully some people here have heard some of them.

Mute Math
Stellamaris
Damiera
Punch People
Tyler Read
Goodbye Tomorrow
The Hanks
OH juliet
Ellipsis
Explosions in the Sky
This Will Destroy You
Darci Cash
Brazil
Jonezetta
Dignan

Böhse Onkelz, Apoptygma Berzerk, Absurd Minds, Celldweller, Cephalgy, Covenant, Cruxshadows, Das Ich, Depeche Mode, Neuroticfish, Project Pitchfork, Rammstein, Seabound, Theatre of Tragedy, Unheilig, VNV Nation, Welle Erdball, Wolfsheim, Wumpscut, Zeromancer..

Oldest thread in the books, but a lot of fun! Full on Breaks and Drum 'n' Bass on this end. Currently support anything from Hospital Records as far as D'n'B goes, i.e London Elektricity, Logistics, Cyantific, High Contrast. Also love the new live D'n'B like Step 13. My tastes as far as breaks goes is in the norm. Mostly Freestylers, Freq Nasty and Bassnectar (lorrin).

I loved listening to what you are listening to now when I was your age. Music is a journey and a lifestyle. Idea is to be forever progressive...

OK, although I deal daily with the likes of Mahler, Brahms, Beethoven, Tchaikovski, Vivaldi and so on, I do have a favorite list of bands:

The Beatles
Pink Floyd
The Eeagles
Cream
Jethro Tull
Jean Luc Ponty
-anything by Stephane Grapelli-

Saw Jean Luc Ponty in your list. I load that into my player every so often. I started listening to that back in my 20s.

Pink Floyd had been an all time favorite since my teens. Black Sabbath, Styx, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc. were prevalent early on.

Smooth Jazz, improvised classical and the like are listened to a lot in my household now. However, I recently saw Dream Theater's 20th year tour DVD. Wow. I don't think I have ever seen that much talent on one stage before. It inspired me so much, last week I bought a nice electric guitar and amp again, after quitting it 20 years ago. Not kidding...

I live for music. It is … oxygen. If I want to change my mood, I put on music. It changes my cells on a biological level. I listen to it always. Right now I’m watching the 10 part Jazz series dvds by Ken Burns. I grew up on rock ‘n roll, with Elvis - Chuck Berry - Roy Orbison, then in high school it was The Who - Cream - Jethro Tull. Later I became interested in the blues and concentrated on that for 10 years or so. For the last several years it’s been mostly jazz, but I love all good music. Music drives me crazy and keeps me sane, too. Without it, I’d surely go ‘round the bend for good. When I look at images, for instance in an art gallery or photo gallery or here on the forum, I hear different music based on the images. When I hear the screetch of the subway arriving, while waiting on the platform, it sounds like music. Music is like water; it fills in all the empty spaces around daily life, makes it bearable.

Here’s what’s on the turntable/cd player/ipod lately: John Coltrane – Charlie Parker – Wayne Shorter - Billie Holliday - Jackie MacLean – Sonny Rollins – McCoy Tyner – Lee Morgan – Dexter Gordon – Mark Murphy – Ray Baretto – Charles Mingus - Dinah Washington – Abbey Lincoln - Madeleine Peyroux – Rory Block – Paul Geremiah.

(I'm sorry to say that I may be just a tad ... out of touch. I just scanned lostprophet's list, and have only ever heard of one name, Goo Goo Dolls, but I thought it was a candy bar. :er: Oh well. )

Music is life!!!!! The old jazz muscians and producers are the pioneers to what is now hip hop and D'n'B. And a slight influence on breaks.

Did I mention that I am not a JAZZ-person at all? ;-)

I respect it for what it is, but it is in most cases just not my taste.

The old jazz muscians and producers are the pioneers to what is now hip hop and D'n'B.

Makes sense, since those two I don't pay attention to either ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back