Music

hip hop and D'n'B. And a slight influence on breaks.
I don't know what any of this means, but would like to. What is hip hop? What is D'n'B? And what does "slight influence on breaks" mean? Thanks, and I'll just sit back down in my rocking chair now. :D:D:D

don't know what any of this means, but would like to. What is hip hop? What is D'n'B? And what does "slight influence on breaks" mean?

Same here.

Death Cab for Cutie, Bright eyes, Sparta, Stars, Cursive, The Faint..... List goes on but that give you an idea.

Afraid not. But sure makes me feel old ;)

*Pulls own rocking chair*
Offers some marshmallows to Jazz.

Oh, and I like
Pink floyd
Simple minds
Marillion (before This Strange Engine)
U2 (before Pop)
Tears for fears
Slipknot (some of their songs)
SOAD (some)
To name a few

I don't feel rap, hip hop, electronica, etc-

Lep Zepplin
Pink floyd
Anti-Flag
Bob Dylan
the clash
cold war kids
the decemberists
the fratellis
jimi hendrix
johnny cash
the kooks
The Raconteurs
shout out louds
the strokes
the subways
third eye blind
the white stripes
wolfmother

I don't know what any of this means, but would like to. What is hip hop? What is D'n'B? And what does "slight influence on breaks" mean? Thanks, and I'll just sit back down in my rocking chair now. :D:D:D

Music is hard to put into words for me. I will try none the less. Hip Hop is the culture of rap. Rap is a rhythmic beat with rhyming lyrics. A lot like Shakespeare. Probably get killed for that statement. Lyrics range from beating up your girlfriend to full on empowerment of a ghetto culture and knowledge of self. D 'n' B is short for drum and bass. Main ingredient is drums coming in at at 160 beats per minute. In other words super fast. This is layered with heavy bass sounds (gonna need a subwoofer). These layers range from soul and jazz to full on head splitting sounds. Breakbeat is much harder to describe. Very heavy on the bass. Rhythmic and spiritual somewhere in between rap and d 'n' b. Said sounds started with popular dance and techno. One thing in common is that they are all very electronic. I will refrain from explaining why breaks and d 'n' b never caught on as far as pop music goes.

Too many to mention all of them, but just a few...

Queensryche
Kamelot
Rhapsody
Symphony X
Dream Theater

Midnight Syndicate, for those October nights.
Any old 80's metal:headbang:
Any 70's classic rock.

Avenged Sevenfold
Dream Theater
Dragon Force
dc Talk
Bullet for My Valentine
Norma Jean
a.f.i.
Linkin Park

To name a few...

Some really good stuff mentioned. My list would be long enough to annoy people. I like stuff that gets radio play, but many of my favorites don't.

Moxy Früvous
f'loom
Mr. Bungle and Faith No More
R. L. Burnside (and lots of other hill-country Blues musicians, like Junior Kimbrough)
The Evolution Control Committee
The Crystal Method
The Art of Noise
I love The Complex by Blue Man Group. One of the coolest concert videos I've seen, and one of the best produced albums I've heard.
Mike Doughty (right Chase?)

and lots of old-school metal, like Priest, Maiden, and Sabbath.

my god... none of you have any taste. :greenpbl:

Hum, so what would someone with "taste" like... pray tell?

markc said:
Mike Doughty
Ooh I got to see him in concert it was a very small venue in Santa Fe. It was fantastic!

Pretty much my taste in music seems to coordinate with groups/singers who are male, British, and rumored to be gay.

When I call my wife at work i always have her put me on hold. They have this awesome acoustic guitar hold music playing. I don't know if it's spanish or italian based or what but it's absolutely beautiful. Anyone know of some outstanding acoustic guitar musicians? I don't want to hear anyone singing, just that awesome guitar sound.

When I call my wife at work i always have her put me on hold. They have this awesome acoustic guitar hold music playing. I don't know if it's spanish or italian based or what but it's absolutely beautiful. Anyone know of some outstanding acoustic guitar musicians? I don't want to hear anyone singing, just that awesome guitar sound.

Try California Guitar Trio.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back