my 1st CC

Bolthead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been trying to act like a sponge here, absorbing all this fantastic information/advice. I just recently purchased a 50mm f/1.8 AF-D from a member here and thought I'd give it a go on focusing, no AF with my d3100. I was concentrating on the "DX" to be precise. I have to get more familiar with gathering my shoot info before hand though.....sorry 'bout that. What's the easiest way to do that post/shoot? I remember someone saying, even if it's just a tissue box, shoot it for practice.

DSC_0182 by Bolthead13, on Flickr

Last edited:
if by "shoot info" you mean the specifics of the shot (camera settings, etc).. there is metadata written into the photos. It is stripped out of the one above (JPEG web compression)... but you can pull it out of your originals. If you go to "properties" on the file.. it will show some under details, or in your status bar (win7). Or Google Exif or metadata viewers ... download one and use it. Very handy. I use Photo Me PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor.

Looks like you nailed that focus!

Thanks Charlie, which version?

Thanks Charlie, which version?

Usually the latest (unless you prefer not to BETA software)! If you use Firefox.. there is a plug-in you will need.. http://www.photome.de/firefox_en.html (and other browser plug-ins for other browsers also... )

There are a lot of other viewers too.. you may need to check them out also.. find the one that suits you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back