My 1st pictures...

fuglychick21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are the first pictures I took with my new Nikon D3000.. please tell me what y'all think. Thanks.

i disagree with peekay, i like the framing of the first one but think it would suit a square crop to be better balanced.

for the second i agree :) the shot overall is too busy with no real area to focus on..

keep on posting :thumbup:

Thanks guys! I will take the advice and put it to play :)

When I clicked on this thread I expected I just got a new DSLR for Christmas and this is a shot of the pet eating the wrapping paper. I am happy to say i was wrong on that thought.

The first shot I love. It took some creativety to set it up and it uses depth of field beautifully. I also love the landscape shot of the city.

Please keep posting and keep shooting.

Michael

When I clicked on this thread I expected I just got a new DSLR for Christmas and this is a shot of the pet eating the wrapping paper. I am happy to say i was wrong on that thought.

The first shot I love. It took some creativety to set it up and it uses depth of field beautifully. I also love the landscape shot of the city.

Please keep posting and keep shooting.

Michael

LOL!!! Yeah I can see why you would have thought that at first. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Not bad! Work on your focusing, the ornament in the first one looks a little off. Try manual focus for items like that, just one stationery item that you want in focus, it'll help your skills and make autofocusing even easier (at least that's my opinion). Good luck and keep shooting!

the focus seems off in the ornament picture.

That's what it seemed like when I first looked at it, but I still can't make my mind if it's really out of focus or it just looks "twisted" because of the low-resolution pic.

I believe it's a little bit of both LOL! It does seem off focus and the resolution isn't very clear...

Most reactions

Back