My 1st post :)

fzfile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Hi.
I am a newbie to this forum and photography in general.

This photo was from the Coventry Festival (last Phish concert) in Vermont this past August.

I seem to have misplaced my notebook with the exposure info but it was done with a Rebel K2 and a Sigma 28-80mm Zoom.

Wing_Kite_Sky_filtered_small.jpg

This was one of the many different sculptures (and kites) that were part of the concert grounds.

Thanks for checking it out.

Any comments or critiques are always welcome.

I will probably be posting mostly Coventry pics in the near future as I'm am finally getting around to touching up and finishing the "good" shots from the 24 rolls I shot there.

-mike

very cool textures on that sculpture thingy...

any chance you have a picture of the whole thing, i'm curious to see what it looks like.

also, welcome to the forum! :)

Very interesting picture! I do have somewhat of a problem with the lower right hand corner. Other than that, it's a real eye grabber. Welcome to the forum!

You know..... I dont think I do have a pic of that whole sculpture.

..... maybe in the background of another pic.

Anyway it was a butterfly and this was one of the wings.

I was almost lying on the ground and there were actually two kites flying above.
I waited and waited ..... and waited .... but could not get both in the shot at the same time.

There were a few "tinfoil-looking" sculptures.
A moose.
A woman ....(sort of the mascot of the show)
the butterfly
...and I believe there was another but I cant find it in my pics and dont recall what it was.

I was just really excited the sun was coming out....... it rained like 3" in two days on Thursday and Friday so Saturday when the sun finally broke out it was spectacular.

-mike

Thanks railman44.

I will probably crop that lower corner out.

I had originally though it a ...... diagonal kind of connection to the kite..... I guess some kind of implied line ...... but I dont think it really adds that to the pic..... wrong angle, different color, etc.

I was really happy at the time to get the pic as "wet" as that in tweeking it in Neat Image and Pixia.

Tmair ..... this is one of the other sculptures.

The woman .....I named her Reba after one of my favorite tunes.

I haven't figured out how to do "real" B&W conversion yet in Pixia so its a littled "colored".

So far I haven't been able to get that same "wet" look on this one.
Different exposure and this was facing into the sun where the butterfly had the sun behind it.

Reba_Tweak2_BW_filtered2.jpg

-mike

Thanks Craig.

It was fun taking pics that day ...... using the clouds as backdrops or for accent.

Between the sun, clouds, sculptures and people it was a great day for "hunting" cool compositions.

-mike

Most reactions

Back