My 1st RAW shoot

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by NicoleDaly, Mar 26, 2012.

1. NicoleDaly

NicoleDaly TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well it's official, I finally shot in Raw yesterday and I'm so proud of myself. I had a friend who just pushed me to do it and I couldn't thank him more. Here's just a couple of photos from the shoot. Oh, and this is my first time shooting in studio. I usually shoot outdoors with the sunlight and pure elements of nature.

Attached Files:

2. o hey tyler

o hey tyler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These images are quite small. If you're looking for feedback, 800px on the longest edge should be the minimum IMO. These are all 500px.

3. NicoleDaly

NicoleDaly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you

4. DiskoJoe

DiskoJoe Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the side boob is interesting but there is not a lot to critique here. You have any more images?

• Like Like x 1
  5. NicoleDaly

NicoleDaly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes. I need to edit a few more and ill post'em.

6. shootermcgavin

shootermcgavin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think they're pretty decent for just starting out. The one in the chair looks good but she doesn't look very comfortable or natural... kind of a forced pose.

7. NicoleDaly

NicoleDaly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thank you. She's never done any kind of modeling before. This was a new experience for us both... LOL

8. kundalini

kundalini Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 and #3 are the same but with different processing, yes?

#1 - First thing I noticed were the eyelashes on the far eye. You are neither in a 2/3 mask or profile mask. This hurts. The strangly hair on the far side is another setback. While you have created a strong line with your model's left arm, the positon (AND THE COLOR) of her hands is a total miss IMO. Then there is that sting of lights extruding from here nose in the vacant top left of the image.

#2 - This is a good example of a 2/3 mask. both eyes can be seen and the nose is not breaking the far cheek line. I think you have created some good lines in this image, but a couple of points to mention. First is having the thigh pretty much square with the lens. Although she looks extremely fit, this is a no-no because it enlarges that size of her thigh for the viewer. This is further accentuated by having the far leg so close to parallel with the near leg (look at the kneecaps). The near hand is in a more masculine position by being broad to the lens and the far hand is truncated. Again, keep a check on the straggled hairs. With the conversion, the blacks seem awfully black.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NicoleDaly

NicoleDaly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, #1 & #3 are just different process... i couldn't decide on which was better. thank you Kundalini... very helpful. I will take al that in:lol:

10. Joel_W

Joel_W TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Since I know next to nothing about studio work, my comment is about why you've never shot in RAW before. Other then where motion is involved, RAW allows you the most amount of flexability and options in PP.

11. NicoleDaly

NicoleDaly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Joel, I was timid at first. I really haven't had anyone show me a whole lot about my camera or editing... I'm self teaching. And when I first got my SLR the photos would automatically upload into iPhoto. One time, a while back, I did shoot RAW and iPhoto said they couldn't read them. I was so mad. I didn't know, at the time, I could cancel iPhoto and just import them alone into a file. I had a friend over the weekend show me RAW and uploading w/out iPhoto and now I LOVE RAW! It only took me 7 months to build up the courage... LOL

12. Joel_W

Joel_W TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I see. Makes sense, but if you would have joined here sooner, and just asked, you would have been just that far ahead on your learning curve.