My 3 Year Old

CowgirlMama

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was cloudy, so the lighting's a bit flat. Doesn't help that I got there and realized I'd forgotten my reflector AND flash. :oops: Any thoughts are welcome. :)

I like #2 here.. I feel like maybe it needs to be wider though, more room on the left of frame in particular.

It's cropped, so that can be done. :) I have a tendency to crop too close, I think.

I feel like the light is a little too harsh....but that's just my opinion :p

Cute! I like #1 the best, lighting seems perfect and great composition in my opinion :)

VERY cute shots. Some might quibble about the overlapping blades of grass in shot #1, but the pose and expression, and the board fence? Just super-cute!

The dandelions in shot #2, and the crossed feet and down-in-the-grass pose plus the camera being low??? Nice work. Yeah, the light's bright and sunny, and he's squinty--because he's IN THE SUN!

As family shots, these are excellent. Great color, good exposure, good focus, good composition, good expression,good balance, good poses. The entire compositional space has been well-used. THESE are sterling examples of how and when to orient the camera horizontally. A lot of people just do not "get" the idea of using the compositional space fully, and effectively; these two pics are again, sterling examples of effective horizontal composing. Not just holding the camera in horizontal mode, but making two photographs that have a subject that is in perfect harmony with the camera's orientation.

I will go so far as to say that I would not further crop one,single millimeter off of any side or edge of either of these images.

I'm really loving this stage of him *wanting* to pose for me. And I can actually *pose* him, instead of hoping he holds still long enough to get the shot. :D I took several shots this evening, but these were my favorites.

I'm a little torn on that grass. I made sure to move a bunch of grass and somehow missed those couple pieces. :oops: I wonder if I could find a way to clone it out, but I'm not very good at that. I'd rather have them there then have a sloppy mess from trying to get rid of them.

P.S. I was muddy when we finished this. :p I've learned that if I want to shoot someone less than half my size, I'm going to have to be on the ground. Sometimes on my belly. :p It's so worth it!

He is slightly pink but good shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back