My 3rd Restaurant Photo Shoot - C&C

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I have not yet submitted these to the client yet, so I can still edit these if you see anything that stands out.

This is a Peruvian Restaurant, I have never eaten Peruvian food up until this photo shoot. When I was finished taking the photos, the owner came out with some food and said it would be rude for me to not eat it. The food was really good!

Let me know your thoughts please.

Food-1-sfw.jpg

Food-4-sfw.jpg

Food-5-sfw.jpg

Maybe its my monitor, well it has to be...

They ALL look a tad underexposed (1/3rd), not much though.

So I'm guessing your monitor is calibrated?

Its weird, because on my phone they look perfect, before I save them, they look fine, but after I "save for web" they look a tad underexposed.

Agree definitely under-exposed ~ 1/3 - 1/2 stop and #3 has a large dark area in the middle of the plate.

Good eye, here is the fix on 3. Better?

Food-5-sfw.jpg

I already de-noised just the table cloth once on a level 10 strength. I wonder if I should make one more pass on it.

I just ate lunch but those photos are making me hungry.
^^ other than above, Much improved from your first set.

Good eye, here is the fix on 3. Better?

View attachment 85054
Definitely better, however I think you need to start paying attention to your styling: remove the random grains of rice from the prawns and muscle shells, keep the rice out of the sauce, try and be a little more artistic with the green onion and avoid cropping bits of the plate.

The rice in the prawns and muscles bothers me, but I cant go back now. I have to make the best of it.

Maybe one day I will do a photo shoot with a food stylist, but in the meantime, I guess I have to be that person too! :048:

I keep going back and forth on darkening the table cloth some more. If I darken it too much, it just looks like a floating plate.

If a guy had to pick a niche market, food pics would be one that I'd consider.

You seem to be doing it right.

Shot #5 has the right tone curve; the others look very flat, and slightly underexposed also. The degree of contrast is the biggest thing though. The lighting just looks flat, without much variation. The white plate for example, in originals 1 and 3, looks off-white.

^ I see what you mean, I am pulling the highlights back, and I think that is what is making the lighting flat. I am still working on them....maybe I should post a side by side version of 1...

flat- Food-1-sfw by linktheworld219, on Flickr

Not as flat? - Food-1-2-sfw by linktheworld219, on Flickr

Am I going in the right direction? Its subtle, but looking back, it does look better to me.

How do these look?

Food-15-sfw.jpg

Food-18-sfw.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back