My Apologies

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm posting this here because I figured it is the most likely place for it to be seen by most members. First I would like to apologize for my mistake in misunderstanding what someone wrote on a recent post of mine. I misread it and thought he meant he had edited out the spots from my photo. Please understand that I have been quite upset recently due to losing my vision.

I don't throw the title of artist around loosely. I am educated in art and take pride in the work I do. To suddenly find out that my photos were riddled with dust spots I thought I had removed was upsetting enough. To realize
those images were up for sale at online galleries was even more upsetting. How many saw them and dismissed me as an artist for offering work like that for sale! My website, my flikr account which I had just rejoined, planning to keep it all my ICM work this time, my artist page on facebook...

I want everyone to know that I am grateful to you for telling me about the dust spots. I have removed my images temporarily from flikr, I removed all but 3 older images I had for sale from the online galleries, and I have posted a notice of apology on my facebook artist page explaining what has happened and that I will not be posting images until I can resolve the problem. I haven't figured out what to do about my website yet.

Again I am grateful to those of you who told me of the spots and offered suggestions. I even appreciated being told by some to continue to post despite the spots, but as an artist I can not do that. I felt I owed you an apology for misunderstanding that one post [can't remember who it was] and to let you know I'm not angry .

The last 10 years of his life my father in law lost most of his vision. He was only able to see light and dark shapes, little else. The closest I've come is when cataracts clouded my vision. Fortunately surgery last year corrected that, but it showed me how precious sight is, and gave me a greater empathy for what my father in law and others have gone through.

Hope you're able to resolve the issues with your camera soon, and get back to doing something you're obviously very talented at.

The last 10 years of his life my father in law lost most of his vision. He was only able to see light and dark shapes, little else. The closest I've come is when cataracts clouded my vision. Fortunately surgery last year corrected that, but it showed me how precious sight is, and gave me a greater empathy for what my father in law and others have gone through.

Hope you're able to resolve the issues with your camera soon, and get back to doing something you're obviously very talented at.
Thanks. I hope I can get things resolved soo too. And you're right. Its hard to comprehend how precious sight is until you lose it or begin to lose it. Thanks again.

On a forum discussing mostly digital photography, viewers are going to be over-sensitive to sensor spots. We all watch for them in our own images. The average viewer won't have the reaction we had here. Most wouldn't even notice or care, I think.

My best, longest childhood friend was completely blind. It is amazing the tools and techniques that have been developed to aid the visually impaired. My Grandfather volunteered for decades with the blind golfers association. People find a way to accomplish anything!

Many artists require a team to accomplish their work - as you know. I hope you could find a trusted intern or another individual to help with the spots while creatively respecting your work.

Your artistic vision can remain sharp! Best wishes from Nevada.

Many artists require a team to accomplish their work - as you know. I hope you could find a trusted intern or another individual to help with the spots while creatively respecting your work.

This exactly. I was thinking the same thing as I read through your post, but Zulu beat me to it.

My mom lost the vision in one eye and had tunnel vision in the other due to glaucoma. I have been diagnosed with the same, but am being treated and believe we caught it in time. So far it has not affected my vision, but the possibility is always in the back of my mind.

Please know that you deserve to be here, dust spots or not. I was very disappointed when I saw your photos removed.

Wishing you well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back