My baby girl

ralphh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my 16 week old baby girl who Granddad was trying to convince to sell to buy a new screen.. Good plan, but my new sigma 35mm just turned up the other day, so I've decided she can make up for taking over my PC / studio room by modeling for me instead...

img1169vsmall.jpg

Not much experience photographing kids.. Luckily I have plenty of opportunity to practice now! C&C welcome

Last edited:
I swear I tried to look at this and come up with some useful C&C, but the cheeks! I can't stop looking at them!
C

I swear I tried to look at this and come up with some useful C&C, but the cheeks! I can't stop looking at them!
C

haha, I put her in her chair, popped it in a patch of light from a north facing window and shot a couple of dozen frames... some where better technically, but she was only making that face in one :D

Okay, trying to be slightly more useful here (than my previous post, not Lew obviously... he rocks:hail:). I think catchlights would be nice. I'm still learning so grain of salt and all that.

Hmm, not a bad idea.. They'd need somewhere to come from -- could make them the right shape for a reflection of the tray...

Thanks!!

C

haha, I put her in her chair, popped it in a patch of light from a north facing window and shot a couple of dozen frames... some where better technically, but she was only making that face in one :D

That's why we are so lucky.
You can shoot 24 digital frames, not get a really good one and then go shoot 24 more.
This is a shot for the family memory book but it is framed poorly and so doesn't mean much to someone who isn't a relative or who doesn't care about babies.

8414385953_0017d17527_blll_zps213920c3.jpg

Thanks for the advice.. Definitely agree with you - original crop was terrible.... Tried your crop, found it a little too tight for my tastes...

How does this work?

img1169crop.jpg

Sure, why not?
Including that car on the right really works.

It is very difficult to be objective about one's own pictures.
Try to remember that no one else gives a tinker's dam about the subject so there needs to be something in it as a picture for it to resonate with other people.

This is my 16 week old baby girl who Granddad was trying to convince to sell to buy a new screen.. Good plan, but my new sigma 35mm just turned up the other day, so I've decided she can make up for taking over my PC / studio room by modeling for me instead...

img1169vsmall.jpg

Not much experience photographing kids.. Luckily I have plenty of opportunity to practice now! C&C welcome
Awe cute. Love the view and contrast : )

:raisedbrow: Just trying to pass on the benefit of my experience. I did it twice :shock:. New screens are a lot easier and cheaper to power and maintain; you can turn them off at night; they're much quieter; they don't smell bad; they don't need new shoes and clothes; they don't need to be put through school and (eventually) uni; they don't puke on your new suit; they don't worry you half to death; they don't bring back the ar**hole of the town and announce them as the new boyfriend; etc etc etc .... and they don't send you all googly eyed, fiercely protective and fill your heart to bursting.

Good luck! ;)

love the lighting...would make a nice b/w too. I prefer the second crop you did. When I do highchair pics I either frame it so I see the entire tray + feet, OR just the crop it at the tray like you did in the 2nd.

love the lighting...would make a nice b/w too. I prefer the second crop you did. When I do highchair pics I either frame it so I see the entire tray + feet, OR just the crop it at the tray like you did in the 2nd.

hmmm, not bad, works well with the soft window light. Thanks for the comments and advice on framing!

img1169cropbw.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back