My backyard outside the Blind

rstrick2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rstrick2.redbubble.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went out to the backyard but did not go into my shed which works as my blind. I was able to have some birds come in. you have to move slowly. Most of the birds will accept humans being in the area but not to close. Once the yknow who you are from the continual filling of feeders they accept you. I just sat on a bucket in front of the tripod and waited.

4312885128_060e87a577.jpg

4312883782_b883bba455.jpg

4312147157_3d8beca21c.jpg

4312882362_82c46c8368.jpg

4312828546_f90e0fc0d8.jpg

4312091561_950ee2193f.jpg

The top photo, although small, is very lovely. I really,really like the way the branch runs at a perfect diagonal across the frame, lending a lot of dynamism to the composition. And what's odd is that the out of focus leaf in the upper left corner, while at first blush might be considered a somewhat distracting element, almost perfectly mirrors the small fork in the branch in the upper right hand corner!

Nice pictures of the flicker. id love to see more of that bird if possible. Good work on the bird drinking from the bird bath. what kind of birds are we looking at?

Very nice! I like all of them.

2 looks like a bit of the background is overexposed. Otherwise, great shots!

Nice pictures of the flicker. id love to see more of that bird if possible. Good work on the bird drinking from the bird bath. what kind of birds are we looking at?
i should have ID'd the birds. The first three photos are palm warbler, yellow rumped warbler in the bath and the Red bellied woodpecker

Good shots Robert. I find if I move very slow and talk or whistle and act as if I'm not particularly interested in them some will often stay put. The bad thing these days for me at least is that I have so many birds these days that someone will almost always give an alarm call. On the other hand, my painted bunting rockets up into the trees when ever I walk past the a window inside the house!

One year I had a colony of grackles move in on me. They chased off all the other birds. One day I walked out the door and, as usual, all the grackles flew up into the trees. They just automatically did it with out an alarm call. I looked at the feeding platform and saw a young grackle was still there. Thinking there was something wrong with it, I walked slowly towards it talking constantly. It just stood there looking at me. I extended my hand hoping to get it to perch on a finger. Suddenly an alarm call came from the trees and the youngster took off in a panic. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back